Windows 7 "Display driver has crashed and recovered"?

exceptation

Hi,
Whenever I play any sort of game, whether Hon/LoL/Minecraft, my screen always freezes for about 10-15 seconds and then works again, and I get the "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" error. This seems to happen at random intervals; sometimes it'll happen once or twice every hour. More recently, it's been crashing at LEAST 4 times every hour. Sometimes my screen freezes then just BSOD's.

Here I've attached my DMP files as well as snippings of CPU-Z. Please help! :( CPU.PNGMainboard.PNGmemory.PNGslot 2.PNGslot 4.PNG

Attachments

• cpuZ.rar
    194.2 KB · Views: 323
Is that temp at idle? What about when gaming? Start a game and see if you can alt-tab back to the desktop and check the temp.

Okay I started up Minecraft and now my GPU temp is cruising at 39-40...

Edit: My display driver stopped working again but when i checked the GPU temp it was only at 33

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. Your temps look fine so could you please list which driver your using and if your system is up to date with all drivers including bios..

Could you also include you dmp files. Motherboard support page: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-B75M-D3H (rev. 1.0)

Sorry but could you specify what you mean by which driver I am using? My video card drivers are all up to date.

-I just updated my BIOS driver to the latest one.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.rar
    152.6 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Ok if your using the latest driver then fine. I checked your dmp file and it seems Aeria ignite is the cause of your issues. Either try updating to the latest version or re-installing. Aeria Ignite

Hmm okay so I just uninstalled Aeria ignite and tried playing Minecraft again, but after around 5 minutes the same error occurred :(

Driver Display Error.PNG

Well that's ok as it's a process of elimination at times. Your dump file was also showing an error message for your RAM but was hoping it was the above app causing this. You need to test that your RAM is ok. Download this app Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and run it on one stick at a time. This will ensure you know for sure which stick has errored out.

Hey it's ok.. We all have to learn somewhere. The screen looks fine as in you've got it running ok. Now I'd run the programme on each individual stick at a time. This means you'll have to manually extract the others. Leave the test running for around an hour each stick. Some say longer, some say shorter, I just keep it to an hour and it's usually fine. May I also ask that if you have any other dmp files to please post. Just one doesn't always give a clear picture as to what might be going on..

Hey it's ok.. We all have to learn somewhere. The screen looks fine as in you've got it running ok. Now I'd run the programme on each individual stick at a time. This means you'll have to manually extract the others. Leave the test running for around an hour each stick. Some say longer, some say shorter, I just keep it to an hour and it's usually fine. May I also ask that if you have any other dmp files to please post. Just one doesn't always give a clear picture as to what might be going on..
photo.jpg

Well I figured out how to use memtest haha.. here are my results.
Lots of errors... Do you have any tips for manually extracting the other ram stick?

Hi,

Ouch! Did you test just one stick or all together? If you tested all together then you will need to test individually so you know which stick is the culprit. This video from Youtube will show you how to upgrade and replace RAM:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I tested each stick individually on both ports. Individually, there were no errors at all. However, I tested both simultaneously and got 24 errors.
photo 1.jpg
Above is a picture of my 4 ram slots, and 2 are filled. When tested separately there were no errors whatsoever.
However, when I tested both, I got the scene below.
photo 2.jpg

How long did you leave them running individually? You have got to run them for longer for at least 7/8 passes if possible.

How long did you leave them running individually? You have got to run them for longer for at least 7/8 passes if possible.

I actually only left them running for 2-3 passes. I'll run it again. The strange thing is, I took one of the ram sticks out and played games for 8 hours straight last night and I didn't get ANY errors whatsoever nor any BSODs. Any ideas on what might cause this?

It could be that one of the actual slots are bad or it's the other stick which is the culprit. Try swapping around and trying the same thing.

Back