Windows 7 "Display driver has crashed and recovered"?

Apologies for not answering sooner.. Had problems myself yesterday.

Wow.. this is a doozy of a problem. I looked through your dmp file again but really need to see more. Do you have others? I need to see ones after you updated the bios and drivers. I'm also going to ask Randy one of our resident experts to have a look see too.

I just stumbled on your CPU-Z Pics could you go into your bios and set the command rate of your memory to 2 and not the 1 it's at the moment. And if you have a XMP setting in the bios set that.

NmsUK

I just stumbled on your CPU-Z Pics could you go into your bios and set the command rate of your memory to 2 and not the 1 it's at the moment. And if you have a XMP setting in the bios set that.

NmsUK

Alright I went to the bios but I couldn't find an option to change the command rate of my memory, nor could I find a XMP setting :\

If it helps at all, I'm running Gigabyte software and I accessed their bios menu

Last edited:
With Gigabyte boards when in your bios try pressing ctrl+F1 to gain the advanced settings. If nothing appears then you bios may not support these extra settings.

NmsUK

Okay I found both! :)

1. As shown in the bottom of the picture, the command rate of both memory sticks is already set to 2.
edit: I just CPU-Z again just to make sure, and this time it showed my Command Rate as 2, which is strange because i've never touched the command rate option before.
EGw8E.jpg

2. I found the XMP setting (which was previously on Auto) and set it to "Profile1" but changed no other value besides that.
R62fR.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

the dmp file is pointing at RAM as the culprit. What bothers me is that under memtest neither stick errors out but when you test them both together then there are plenty of errors.. I'm just wondering if you have all the settings correctly configured in your bios? It might even be worth under running the RAM to 1066MHz. Regardless I'm going to ask a colleague to give this a once over and see if he can spot anything I've probably missed..

Hi,

the dmp file is pointing at RAM as the culprit. What bothers me is that under memtest neither stick errors out but when you test them both together then there are plenty of errors.. I'm just wondering if you have all the settings correctly configured in your bios? It might even be worth under running the RAM to 1066MHz. Regardless I'm going to ask a colleague to give this a once over and see if he can spot anything I've probably missed..

thank you and everyone else trying to help, I'm sure this is a hassle for you guys too. I won't have access to my desktop for the next 6 days but hopefully someone will be able to find a solution when I get back :) /hopeful

Well enjoy your time away and hopefully we might have a answer for you when you come back.. :)

You have an instance of this driver running on your system
GVTDrv64.sys 9/5/2006 Gigabyte Easy Tune 6 driver Link Removed - Invalid URL
First of all it is very old, too old. And second there are known issues with that particular product and Windows 7. So....
If you have ever used it to perform any Over Clocking at all, please use it one more time to return anything you might have done to default / normal settings and then uninstall it completely from your system. Then do a search for GVTDrv64.sys and confirm it is no longer present and able to load. Should be here C:\Windows\System32\Drivers but may be in other places as well. If found to be present after uninstalling the software please rename it to GVTDrv64.OLD to break it and prevent it from loading.
If Blue Screens persist please attach here.

Back