Windows 7 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

slim26

Wondering if my graphics card is shot.

I've been running Windows 7 for about 1-2 weeks without any problems. My cousin installed a game on my pc last night (which i've since uninstalled), and now my display driver is acting crazy.

I'm constantly getting "Display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version ..... stopped responding and has successfully removed" This is constantly occurring and Windows is unusable.

The windows event log shows "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" eventid 4101.

I've noticed some other posts with similar issues, but can't find a solution.

I've tried removing the driver by uninstalling through device manager, running a utility that is supposed to clean up drivers, and installing various versions of the win7 driver.

Card is a Geforce 6200 LE.

PC will run fine in Safe Mode.

Any ideas what could've caused it to stop working? Is it possible that my video card just kicked the bucket? I'm close to running out to buy a new video card.

Thanks for any help.

whats interesting (or not) is that I can disable the driver, reboot, and everything works fine, just have no Aero or any specific graphic card features such as dual monitor.

Whats interesting is that this problem has apparently existed for several years and no one has seem to found a solution. What's even more interesting is that the problem seems to exist with MS partially if not all, and they don't care about this bug it seems. There has been no news of fixing this problem. I've moved on over to mac, and I must say, Windows does not compare in terms of stability, and yes apple has its share of hassles too, but does not seem to be as often as Windows. Boo for MS support on this unresolved issue that has lasted for several years and ongoing.

Yes, unfortunately about the only thing you can do is install either the newest drivers, or previous drivers.
Experiment around with it.

THIS SUCKS !!!!!!!....... i have the same problem as SLIM26

only i have an 8500gt video card, and what else is wierd is that ive been running windows 7 ultimate for about 5 or 6 months now without this problem and then all the sudden it started .does any no if there is a resolve to this problem or some way to fix it................... im frigin irritated with it..... lol

only i have an 8500gt video card, and what else is wierd is that ive been running windows 7 ultimate for about 5 or 6 months now without this problem and then all the sudden it started .does any no if there is a resolve to this problem or some way to fix it................... im frigin irritated with it..... lol

Hello, and welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)
May I suggest you start a new thread in the "Support" forum, I'm only saying this because this thread is several months old, so no one else will likely reply. As always, I'm assuming you've got the absolute latest driver updates? Check the nVidia website.

Back