Windows 7 DNS connection problems

It may be worth noting that in your ipconfig listing your router was set up for DHCP to run on a 24 hour lease which would correspond with one day good running before the problem recurred. It would be worth checking your IP config parameters again to see if anything has reverted on the renewal of your IP assignment lease.

Can you explain that in a way that I can follow up what to do?

Sorry. DHCP stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol. It runs and your router and "dynamicall" assigns IP addresses without you having to set them manually. The DHCP assignments are renewed at an interval known as the "lease" in your ipconfig and in your case it shows this period as being 24 hours - you can check this by looking at the output for your ipconfig command.

So run the ipconfig command as you did earlier and look at the line showing DNS Servers. If they are showing 192.168.0.1 and 8.8.8.8 then they are ok. If they have reverted to something alse please tell us what they are.

As you can see, nothing has really changed.
So any suggestions for other option to force my IP to stay online :D?

Attachments

• ipconfig.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 289
It's worth trying a change to your DHCP lease - the exact method and options vary from one router to another but your user guide should have a section on setting lease times - you should be able to set it to last infinitely.

Patcooke, I appreciate your help for this. It have been a very long learning process for me and I'm glad that I can get help you.
I will try look up on this DHCP, and call my internet provider monday morning, so I can have a little chat with them about this IP change.

I do have a question regarding this, would it matter if I made a complete format /boot by reinstalling windows 7? Or would it probably stay like this problem I'm having?

Also I can see what you mean by the DHCP how to change it, like in here >
upload_2017-11-25_18-56-52.png

But how many hours should I set the time on to renew leased time?

As a trial it's worth setting it to say 7 days - the previous trial seemd good for about 1 day when it was set to 24 hours . . .

A update of this situation.

I managed to enter my router sittings and changed the leased time to 7 days.
I also had a talk with my provider over the phone, and they said that they will shift my routersittings into another channel, so I don't have to bother getting this problem once again. Though I have my doubts about it, because right after the router got restarted from their system, it took 10 min before the router was up for the new configs (channel), then I noticed my pc kept on giving me DNS not working problem again.
I can see we have done pretty much everything to solve this problem, and I kinda got to that point where I do think about that new netcard right now.

When you have the DNS failure can you re-run my script, but right click the script and select 'Run As Administrator' and upload the log

I'm more inclined to say it's a problem with the router than the NIC on the system. Running the script during the failure may highlight that. Also do you have any other devices on your network and do they work when you have the DNS issue on your system?

The other devices I have is 2 phones connected through wi-fi, PS3 that is also on wi-fi, and a laptop when we use it on wi-fi, and they never go off as my desktop.

Alright so probably not the router. Have you tried a different port on the router and a different cable? They can go bad as well.

all 4 ports I have tried switching.
A friend of mine said, I could try use a switch hub to see if it does the same.

Got the information you wanted. It made 2 times DNS error in a rough

Attachments

• network_information.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 324
Back