Windows 7 DNS connection problems

This would be your issue. Something is corrupting your ARP table.
Could be malware, faulty proxy, or loadblanacer or arp cache poisoning.
Interface: 192.168.0.13 --- 0xa

Internet Address Physical Address Type
0.0.0.0 00-00-00-00-00-00 invalid
8.8.8.8 00-00-00-00-00-00 invalid

192.168.0.1 f8-ab-05-65-ab-96 dynamic
192.168.0.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff static
192.228.79.201 00-00-00-00-00-00 invalid
224.0.0.22 01-00-5e-00-00-16 static
224.0.0.251 01-00-5e-00-00-fb static
224.0.0.252 01-00-5e-00-00-fc static
255.255.255.255 ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff static

A temp fix would be to create a file, something like arp-clear.bat on your desktop. The only command in the file should be
arp -d *

When you have the issue right click the batch file and select 'Run As Administrator'

TRACKING THIS DOWN

You may want to download wireshark Wireshark · Download
  • Run wireshark
  • Select your interface, in this case 'Local Area Connection'
  • In the 'Apply a display filter..' box type arp and press enter
  • Leave the computer alone and check every now and then to see if it's broken. If it is hit the red square then file > 'Export specific packets'
  • Make sure down in the 'Packet range' Displayed is selected
  • Zip and pm me the capture file

When you say if it hits the red square, is this you mean?
upload_2017-11-27_17-35-4.png

Your filter isn't applied you need to click where it says arp and press enter. The red square is below where it says file

arp won't show red, that's a TCP RST. You'll just need to capture arp until it breaks again.

Shall I run the program when I get the DNS connection error?
or just let it run like I have done now.

Good morning Neemobeer
There were no disconnection all night long. I runned the program as you told me to do.. i stopped recording at 03:30.
After that time I tried out the ipconfig /flushdns command instead just to see what will happen. I can first turn on my pc later on today and see if something has changed. If it doesn't work, I will start a malware scan of my harddrive.
I will give you an update this evening (Europe time)

Update: I just turned on pc about my situation.
After doing the flushdns command yesterday, my pc reconnects, first I could see that yellow triangel on the left buttom screen, and I thought it wouldn't log on, after a couple of seconds it went online. But I still have my doubts. I will perform a malware scan soon and give an update, also I will run the WireShark in the background to be 100% sure.

Update: No virus / malware found on my pc

Last edited:
I might have solved my problem now.
Doing the flushdns command have worked o_O
I have no random disconnections nor when I start my pc up. I still run the wireshark in the background to keep an eye on things.

Its been almost a week now. And I can say everything is working now.
I advice that next time you guys are helping, try give them the solution with "Flushdns", it helped for me :D
And ofc. your help was as always the best. Thank you once again for the great work and support.

That may have helped, but the local dns cache should expire on it's own and refresh. I believe the corrupt arp table was the fix for this situation.

Back
Top Bottom