Windows 7 Dual Monitors for windows 7 - Laptop to TV

jamezp1

Hi,

I have windows 7 build 6956 running on a fujitsu siemens amilo l7320g and i am trying to set up a second monitor via my tv. This has worked before on windows xp and vista but 7 refuses to acknowledge my tv. I've pressed the button at changes the display (in this case fn + f4) when th monitor is off and it turns on, but then displays no signal. I have not installed any new drivers as when i tried to the correct drivers would not install on 7.

Thanks for any help in advance,

James

My suggestion would be to get the Beta once it's released to the general public and try your luck with that.. ;) Build 6956 would most likely have more bugs in it then the Beta.. The Beta could work better for what your trying to do.

Try using the (Windows + P) combo i have had to do that every time because windows 7 does not detect my external monitors automatically.

Thanks guys, i tried (control + p) but this does nothing on my machine, i guess i'll have to be patient and wait for a newer version, cheers anyway!

Thanks guys, i tried (control + p) but this does nothing on my machine, i guess i'll have to be patient and wait for a newer version, cheers anyway!
Im using my TV fine with 7. I used Fn and F8 to choose which to use... Dunno about doing that for dual monitors but it might work

For the record it is not(Ctrl + P) it is ( Win + P). Make sure you didn't do the wrong thing. I have had no problems hooking up my computer to the second monitor so other than this i would say wait for a compatible driver for windows 7 to emerge.

speaking of driver compatibility, another thing you can do is maybe find in installation of a driver from the TV manufacturer's site or as such, an exe, and then run it in compatibility mode. the driver/app installed to support said tv will support said tv in a vista manner

edit.. or change the driver for the external vga display to standard vga instead of general PnP.
btw.. does your windows even detect the fact that something has been plugged in when you connect to tv?

Back