Windows 8 DxTreme380 media box won't connect to WIN8.1 pc

Fangio

Have recently upgraded a pc to WIN 8.1 Pro 64 bit from WIN 7 64 bit.

Before the upgrade I had a DxTreme 380 media box located in the lounge room and networked via Cat6 cable to the pc in the bedroom.

All devices on the network - Samsung tv, DxTreme box + 4 PC's have static IP addresses.

The DxTreme was loging in to the PC (WIN7) for about 2 years without any problems.

After the upgrade of the PC to WIN 8.1 Pro It refuses to login no matter what I do.

I've even created a new user account with Admin level rights and this failed as well.

I have a deep suspicion that there must/is some security features buried deeply in the OS that is preventing the DxTreme form connection to the PC.

I've spent about 2 months trying to fix this without any sucess.

It would be gretaly appreciated if any one could help.

(I'm at the point of building another PC with WIN 7 just to connect to the DxTreme box, but this could be an expensive fix for something simple)

cheers

That's because I use the Homegroup feature to connect all my 3 computers. I find it easier to use.

I'm thinking of reflashing the Dxtreme box as it only shows the MAC address when I open the Network (Wired) info/details. It doesn't seem to be accepting/saving the static IP address, Gateway IP address, etc.

Also - I can't get any reply when I ping it on the pc.

I think that's the best thing to do. Do a hard reset and start over again.

I think that's the best thing to do. Do a hard reset and start over again.
Latest update = Reflashed the unit and started from scratch and = Failed.

Looks like I'm going to have to build that additional WIN 7 pc after all .... (