Windows 8 DxTreme380 media box won't connect to WIN8.1 pc

Fangio

Have recently upgraded a pc to WIN 8.1 Pro 64 bit from WIN 7 64 bit.

Before the upgrade I had a DxTreme 380 media box located in the lounge room and networked via Cat6 cable to the pc in the bedroom.

All devices on the network - Samsung tv, DxTreme box + 4 PC's have static IP addresses.

The DxTreme was loging in to the PC (WIN7) for about 2 years without any problems.

After the upgrade of the PC to WIN 8.1 Pro It refuses to login no matter what I do.

I've even created a new user account with Admin level rights and this failed as well.

I have a deep suspicion that there must/is some security features buried deeply in the OS that is preventing the DxTreme form connection to the PC.

I've spent about 2 months trying to fix this without any sucess.

It would be gretaly appreciated if any one could help.

(I'm at the point of building another PC with WIN 7 just to connect to the DxTreme box, but this could be an expensive fix for something simple)

cheers

Did you check the "Advanced Sharing Settings" if configured properly?

Screenshot (28).png

That's because I use the Homegroup feature to connect all my 3 computers. I find it easier to use.

homegroup.jpg

I'm thinking of reflashing the Dxtreme box as it only shows the MAC address when I open the Network (Wired) info/details. It doesn't seem to be accepting/saving the static IP address, Gateway IP address, etc.

Also - I can't get any reply when I ping it on the pc.

I'm thinking of reflashing the Dxtreme box as it only shows the MAC address when I open the Network (Wired) info/details. It doesn't seem to be accepting/saving the static IP address, Gateway IP address, etc.

Also - I can't get any reply when I ping it on the pc.

I think that's the best thing to do. Do a hard reset and start over again.

I think that's the best thing to do. Do a hard reset and start over again.
Latest update = Reflashed the unit and started from scratch and = Failed.

Looks like I'm going to have to build that additional WIN 7 pc after all .... :eek:(

Back