Windows 7 Facebook Virus (cleared?); BSOD: Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management

dariagurl

Hi there,

I'm not sure where to begin with my troubles so I'm going to list all of them in chronological order:

1. I've been having a few BSODs the past two weeks, starting with page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. I left it alone.
2. I had installed a game that didn't work (graphics card on a laptop isn't so great) so I uninstalled it and downloaded new drivers for my graphics card. Installed those.
3. Got a virus on facebook where a person's account was hacked and they posted a link to a video where there was a virus. I got rid of the virus with AVG and by deleting all temporary internet files, cookies, everything and even scanning my computer with both AdAware and AVG in Safe Mode. So I should be clear of the virus except now my firefox doesn't work. Whenever I type anything in and push enter, nothing happens. I can browse though. I'm not sure if it's related to the Firefox profile I'm using right now, which was infected when with the facebook virus.
4. Decided to use System Restore to see if it would cause everything to go back to normal and went back to prior to the installation of the game (and getting the virus).
5. I'm now faced with two BSODs: Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management. I get them whenever I'm watching video (not youtube) on supernovatube. Obviously it's not a peripheral problem because I don't have any hooked on (except for a USB mouse). I ran Memtest86 last night and things came back clean.

I've attached the Attach.txt file below and I can do a Hijackthis run if that's necessary.

Please help me out! I don't want to reformat everything and start all over again...

Hi and welcome to the forum...

usually blue screens are related to driver troubles so try installing the latest versions. As for Firefox, again try and re-install with the latest version.

Sounds like you still have a bug, trojan or worm in your system. I would recommend running more than just your antivirus and Ad-aware. Try Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes, CCleaner and do a disk defrag and registry cleaner in conjunction with what you have.

Back
Top Bottom