Windows 10 File Explorer Options won't stick.

Legna

I don't know why but for some reason whenever I check "Don't show hidden files" and "Hide extensions for known file types" in File Explorer Options, it'll work for a few seconds and then revert back to being unchecked. I tried checking the boxes and rebooting afterwards but that still won't fix the issue. I have Windows 10 Home x64.

I'd wager some application is reverting the settings. Might be worth grabbing procmon and watch some of the registry settings and see what is setting them back. Process Monitor

You could also run the MSCONFIG.EXE program from the Search Menu in W10; and on the General Tab, under the SELECTIVE STARTUP radio button, uncheck the 2nd item, LOAD STARTUP ITEMS, click OK and restart your computer. If the File Explorer options now "stick", then one of the programs in your Startup could be the culprit.
You can then bring up Task Manager, go to Startup Items, and disable the program items one at a time, reboot your computer and retest. Continue with this process until the File Explorer options begin to fail again-and that last program could be the program that's causing the issue. If none of this works; you may have a virus/malware infection; scan/remove all viruses and spyware viruses found and reboot/retest. If the problem resolved, you're set to go.:up:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom