sponsoredwalk

Hi, my laptop wouldn't access the operating system yesterday when turning it on & only worked after opening it up & pushing the harddrive in. On starting it up it forced me to access some samsung recovery options so I did that.

Now the desktop appears & the files appear on my desktop but no file names appear underneath them, no time appears in the corner, the start menu wont open up, the right click menu that appears is empty, when I access a folder I get a bsod saying "page fault in non-paged area", when I open firefox I get a bsod saying "bad pool header" and after these bsod's I get to "boot from AHCI CD-ROM: Operating System Not Found", the same thing I was getting last night. I can play video files in vlc but it goes crazy, pdf files open but the "file, edit etc..." menu doesn't appear or half appears with the desktop appearing in parts of it, & is basically just messed up.

On safe mode the menus open but the files dissappear after a second & the side menu is compressed & no files appear. Firefox still gives the bad pool header bsod in safe mode. I have no windows disk to re-install & just cannot afford to lose the ginormous amount of .txt files, .lyx files & .odp openoffice files on math & physics that I've made over the past year - is there any way to fix this problem without losing my files?

Greatly appeciate any help, thanks...

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing multiple issues with your laptop that are preventing you from accessing and using it effectively. The symptoms you described, such as the BSOD errors (Page Fault in Non-paged Area, Bad Pool Header), missing file names, unresponsive start menu, and distorted display in applications, indicate potential hardware or software problems. Given your situation where you don't have a Windows installation disk and you need to preserve your important files, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issues: 1. Check Hard Drive Connection: Since pushing the hard drive seemed to temporarily resolve the issue, start by ensuring that the hard drive is securely connected. You...
It sounds like you are experiencing multiple issues with your laptop that are preventing you from accessing and using it effectively. The symptoms you described, such as the BSOD errors (Page Fault in Non-paged Area, Bad Pool Header), missing file names, unresponsive start menu, and distorted display in applications, indicate potential hardware or software problems. Given your situation where you don't have a Windows installation disk and you need to preserve your important files, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issues: 1. Check Hard Drive Connection: Since pushing the hard drive seemed to temporarily resolve the issue, start by ensuring that the hard drive is securely connected. You can try reseating the hard drive again to see if it helps stabilize the system. 2. Run System File Checker (SFC): In Safe Mode, you can try running the System File Checker tool to scan for and repair corrupted system files. To do this, open Command Prompt in Safe Mode and run the command: sfc /scannow. 3. Check Disk for Errors: You can also check the disk for errors using the CHKDSK utility. Run Command Prompt in Safe Mode and enter the command: chkdsk C: /f /r (assuming C: is your system drive). 4. Backup Your Files: If possible, try to back up your important files to an external storage device or cloud service. You can do this by connecting your hard drive to another computer as an external drive. 5. Perform System Restore: If you have a restore point set before the issues started, you can try performing a System Restore to revert your system back to a previous working state. 6. Repair Windows Startup: You can try to repair the Windows startup using bootrec commands. In Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you can run commands like bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd. 7. Recovery Options: Since you mentioned accessing Samsung recovery options, there might be an option to repair your system without losing your files. Explore the recovery options provided by Samsung. 8. Professional Help: If these steps do not resolve the issue and you are still unable to access your files, consider seeking help from a professional data recovery service. They may be able to recover your files even if the system is not booting properly. It's crucial to address these issues promptly to prevent any further data loss. If there's any specific error message or step you'd like more information on, feel free to ask.

Solution
Back