Windows 7 Firefox Save As window autoscrolling on it's own

Chronia

Hi There,
I have noticed recently that when I am saving images (or anything else) using Firefox on windows 7 64bit version, that when I am clicking the down arrow on the scroll bar (whether clicking slowly or quickly) to navigate to the folder I want to save the file in, that it will start to auto-scroll and will scroll quite a ways down the list on it's own before stopping. I have no idea why this is happening but it is rather annoying. The same thing happens if I use the scroll wheel on my mouse, again the speed at which I use roll the scroll wheel doesn't impact this, because whether slow or fast it still does the auto-scroll thing. The touch pad on my laptop is disabled while the mouse is connected, so that can't be the cause of it. I have looked in my mouse options in control panel but cannot find anything that could be causing this in the settings. I run the same version of Firefox on my Vista 64 PC however I do not have this problem there, so I don't know if this is a windows version issue with the current version of firefox or not, but it seems unlikely and odd as is has only just become a problem recently, perhaps no longer than around a month or so. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank!

No I don't have any add-ons that do anything like that.

I've also noticed that firefox won't show embded videos on some news pages. for example, this link (please ignore the topic it is not meant to start a political debate nor does it speak for my person views, it's just an example to illustrate another firefox issue):

The Best Weapon Against Tyranny Is No Longer An Assault Rifle ? It?s A Keyboard (VIDEO) | Addicting Info

has a video embeded in it. instead of seeing a video on firefox on my windows 7 laptop, I see a big white gap in the article, no outline or anything. Yet on my Vista 64 pc I can see it just fine on firefox. So I am having two issues here, though I don't think they are related, I would like help with this one too.

*bump* This is still being an issue. Any help is appreciated. To clarify my response to Titanic, I do not have any add-ons that would take a full screen capture and cause the widow to scroll. I am not even using the keyboard, nor have my hands resting on it or near it when navigating with my mouse to the location I want to save my file to.

Have you checked your settings or options, whatever they are called in Firefox? One tick may change it all.

About the fact that you can't see videos, it's either an issue of add-ons or codecs. I could see the video you mention loud and clear, using Google Chrome and basic Windows codecs + K-Lite Codec Pack 9.7.5. You should have the latest DirectX, available from Microsoft, and the latest Java, available from Download Free Java Software

The basic procedure might be to uninstall your present Firefox, then re-install it. And go step by step.

Sorry I can't give precise answers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom