Windows 7 Games that Work and Games that Don't.

Probably allready stated as a working game...... BUT I fired up left 4 dead for the first time across the 7 builds and my god the visual quality of it. Deeper colors, flashlight reflections, You name it... I was just floored at how it looked in comparison to Vista and that is nothing to shake your head at either.....

Has anyone else seen this difference yet, or is it just me?

Current build 7057

working

working
css
age of empires 1,2 +exp
empire earth 3
combat flight sim 2 wwII pacific
cfs3 battle for europe
diablo 2+exp , with patches
Tiger W 2005 in vista mode no admin
BF2 in vista as admin(explore cd, change bf2.exe into vista compat mode or xp, run as admin)

Last edited:
Farcry 2

Can't seem to change the video settings. I want 1600x1050 and high settings. I have a BFG9800GTX+. It just locks up and becomes windowed for some reason. Like its stuck. I installed it through steam. Don't know if their extra crap they install like directx10 or anything like has anything to do with that.

UT3 works - steam
Left4dead Works - steam
BF2 works

Works:
Prince Of Persia 2008
Wanted : Weapons Of Fate
Sniper Elite
Devil May Cry 4
Mirror's Edge (but hangs alot of time)

Doesn't Work:
NFS Undercover

Last edited:
Here the Gamez I got Working So far......

-Mirror's Edge
-Tomb Raider Underworld
-Silent Hill Homecoming
-NFS Carbon
-DuesEx GOTY Edition
-X-Blades
Prince of Persia 2008
-F.E.A.R 2

They ALL run GREAT with NO probs...lol

Not working:
Age of empire 3 - some problem with installshield , cod-1628.

PS.
The error was in the disc. I used a different version of the game and works well. Window 7 32 bit 7068

Last edited:
WORKING:
* GTA IV (compatibility issues on setup; can be fixed by setting the compatibility mode to XP or Vista)
* GTA San Andreas (works with no issues)
* Need For Speed Undercover
* The Sims 2
* GTA Vice City

NOT WORKING:
* Any Asian MMO with GameGuard protection (SpecialForce, RAN, etc; besides, they look horrible :D)
* Madeline 2nd Grade Math (crashes after Creative Wonders splash screen; compatibility mode doesn't work)

Anarchy Online works good.

Having trouble getting Empire Earth to work well, it worked one time no problem but after that it is acting odd.

I've noticed that no one has entered the following...

WOW
Diablo
Diablo II
Diablo II LOD

These all installed and work fine on Win 7 build 7000.

running on..

ASUS m3n Pro
AMD 6400 Black AM2
4 GB PC6400 DDR2
EVGA 8800 GTS

build (7048) x64 - Got MAMEx64 running too

So far, these worked for me:

Far Cry 2
Fallout 3
Cod 4
Cod 5
GTA IV
Godfather II
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box
WOW
Dead Space
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

The only game I've had probs with is Crysis Warhead, keeps freezing during the level load screen - just hangs.. changed compatability for vista and xp, still no luck

Although Multiplayer has been giving me issues regardless of the game - singleplayer, no issues - online has been kicking me--

Mame is nice though, been kicking some ass in Tekken 3

Last edited:
='( i only got games that i wasnt able to start...
COD2(only in multiplayer mode)
diablo II and diablo II: LOD

i sure could use some help if you know how to get these games started:confused::confused::confused:

Drakan Order Of the Flame -Working
Chaos Legion -Working
X-blades -Working
Quake 3 arena -Working
Counter strike 1.6 -working (only on D3D-game crashes if you try to change the video options)
Counter strike Source -working

Mobile Forces -Working
Need For Speed Undercover -Working
AudioSurf -working

Last edited:
Thought I'd add the games I've managed to get to work

Empire: Total War
Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising
Company of Heroes + Opposing Fronts
World in Conflict + Soviet Assault

Add not working games if you have any.
Windows 7 is beta. It is better to know what is not working, so we can search for problems and how to solve them.

farcry 2

hey @SLiM PiCKiNS how did Farcry 2 work
it doesnt work for me

are you on x86 or x64?, and what build are you using?

i'm using x64, build 7000. sadly i don't have it installed anymore, but when i did, i think i just ran it in compatibility mode with vista, and then ran as admin on the exe.

are you on x86 or x64?, and what build are you using?

i'm using x64, build 7000. sadly i don't have it installed anymore, but when i did, i think i just ran it in compatibility mode with vista, and then ran as admin on the exe.

Why to click allways that "eun as admin"?

Right click on *.exe or *.exe-shortcut >> choose properties in context menu >> then compatibility tab >> then click in anything you want and "run as admin" too

WORKING:
* GTA IV (compatibility issues on setup; can be fixed by setting the compatibility mode to XP or Vista)
* GTA San Andreas (works with no issues)
* Need For Speed Undercover
* The Sims 2
* GTA Vice City

NOT WORKING:
* Any Asian MMO with GameGuard protection (SpecialForce, RAN, etc; besides, they look horrible :D)
* Madeline 2nd Grade Math (crashes after Creative Wonders splash screen; compatibility mode doesn't work)

With regards to The Sims 2, has this been tested on the x64 build of 7? I've had all sorts of issues getting it to work on the x64 build of Vista, and wanted to try it on 7.

Guild Wars works.

You can install both, open, and play them, but after a few moments the game acts like its loosing serious FPS and drops down to like 5. If anyone can confirm this I'd like to hear.
Halo 1 PC
Halo 1 CE

On 32 bit Win7

Back