Getting Rid of Passwords

wilhelm1

Does it look like this? If so go into BIOS (press F2) There should be an option for "Set HDD password" enter the current password and for the new password just leave it blank.
View attachment 32211
Bingo, you nailed it. and the Start up one is just like that too.

holdum333

Yea! Thanks for your feed back @wilhelm1 ! Old @Neemobeer does a good job here on the forum. I'm thinking he just gets lucky!:rofl:
I need more whiskey ;);)
This is a great help forum!

wilhelm1

Hey, Guess what? It took me about 4 time of turning off the computer and getting the F2 to do its job. After I got into the BIOS, I was able to get rid of the Start Up Password and the HDD Password in a matter of 30 seconds. Thank you, Thank you that has been bugging me for over a month.

holdum333

:up::applaud: Good job old man!

wilhelm1

I want to thanks Neemobeer and holdum 333 for taking the time to filter through my lack of computer skills to get me back on the road.
Big Thanks and wish I could buy you guys a beer. Question, I hit Neemobeer with a Like and Best Answer and holdum 333 with a like.
When I hit the like, it turned into a "Unlike", what is with that?

holdum333

Capture76JPG.gif
Thanks @wilhelm1
That's cool! If you hit unlike, it will take away your like! You done good ! Thanks old man!
I love this forum
What you see is what you get. A old southern country boy that loves people and they usually love me back.

Attachments

Last edited:

holdum333

Ain't the computer world amazing. I had a out house as a kid and used the sears catalog.
Sorry I'll get back on topic now! LOL! I see a bunch of members reading this thread and I couldn't help myself.
:rofl:

BIGBEARJEDI

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
A Sears catalog? you really must be old holdum!! I used to buy stuff in College in a Montgomery Wards store where you had to look up stuff in a catalog and order it--clothes and the like took months to get. Closest Sears store was 75 mi. away!

At least where I grew up--in the 'burbs- we had indoor plumbing! ;)

<<<BBJ>>>:brew: :usa:

holdum333

Hey BBJ! May be we should start a thread in the Water Cooler section about the good old days.
The younger generation wouldn't believe us! :rofl:
We better get back on topic now. I think wilhelm1 has his issue solved.:up:

wilhelm1

Hey BBJ! May be we should start a thread in the Water Cooler section about the good old days.
I got my problem solved. Now I have another one. Adobe Flash Player is playing games with me, I like to look at the stock on Dow Jones Ind. using Google and it wants me to use Player to get a pretty picture well, that is okay but as a condition, they want me to Install Chrome and make it the default browser but I don't want the Damn Chrome right now so they are not letting me install and use AFP how I want. Damn I hate computers.

Update, it seems to have problems so I will uninstall it and live with Dow Jones as is. Later update,
through trial and error, somehow I worked it out so it is okay.

Last edited:

BIGBEARJEDI

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
>>>Sounds good Holdum. I'll take a look at that sub-forum and see if I can start one; maybe "Old Geek-Geezers" or something... :)
<<<BBJ>>>

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.