chizzer2003

Recently my hard drive became corrupt and i had to change my hard drive. I now have no operating system on. So usually you would just put the Windows 7 disc in and boot from it as your would have no windows, but i downloaded it on the student offer and my copy is not an ISO bootable copy so when i burn my: Setup1.box, Setup2.box & expandedSetup files to a disc i cannot boot from them and thus have no way of installing an operating system. Surely microsoft must have thought of this. It would greatly appreciate some help on this matter. Thankyou

Charlie :)

Solution
Hello Charlie!
It seems like you are facing an issue with reinstalling Windows 7 after your hard drive became corrupt. To resolve this, you can create a bootable USB drive using the files you have. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you create a bootable USB drive for installing Windows 7:
1. Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool:
- Microsoft has a tool called the "Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" that can create a bootable USB drive from your Setup files.
- You can download the tool from the official Microsoft website.
2. Create a Bootable USB Drive:
- Once you have downloaded the tool, install and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a bootable USB drive. You will need a USB flash drive...
Hello Charlie!
It seems like you are facing an issue with reinstalling Windows 7 after your hard drive became corrupt. To resolve this, you can create a bootable USB drive using the files you have. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you create a bootable USB drive for installing Windows 7:
1. Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool:
- Microsoft has a tool called the "Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool" that can create a bootable USB drive from your Setup files.
- You can download the tool from the official Microsoft website.
2. Create a Bootable USB Drive:
- Once you have downloaded the tool, install and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a bootable USB drive. You will need a USB flash drive with at least 4GB of space.

3. Boot from the USB Drive:
- After you have created the bootable USB drive, insert it into your computer.
- Restart your computer and enter the BIOS setup by pressing the appropriate key during startup (usually Del, F2, F10, or F12).
- In the BIOS settings, set the USB drive as the primary boot device.
- Save the changes and exit the BIOS. Your computer should now boot from the USB drive.
4. Install Windows 7:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 7 on your new hard drive.
By following these steps, you should be able to create a bootable USB drive from your Setup files and successfully install Windows 7 on your new hard drive. If you encounter any issues during the process, feel free to ask for further assistance!

Solution
Back