HELP ME ASAP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancis

Banned
Hello,
I aplogize for my bad english im not good at it. So my friend wanted me to download a well know game counter-strike install he sended it for me throug skype it was a .lnk file. I pressed it and that screen with no program to open stuff came up.Then i pressed Open with and tried to open with mozzila firefox the newest version atm. Now all .exe files and shorcuts are opening as .lnk ant can't be opened. I read alot of comments and posts on diffrent parts of the net about this. I need to change my regedit exefile value or something. when i managed to get to the regedit.exe and so on until i got to my exefile folder in the reg. I accidently deleted all stuff in it I MEAN ALL (only in exefile folder in regedit.exe) now i totally can't do anything. Only mozzila from exe files work. I cant restore my system. I just literlly (almost) can't do stuff at pc. And as always my dad is roaring at me and i can't find the problem. I do have a legall windows vista home basic disc with a legall key code or something like that. If u found a solution pls reply ASAP! Anything is apricieated ANYTHING! Sorry for my english im only 13 yrs old and i'm learning it slowly thx for u time :thumbs_up:

Oh yeha my pc specs are :
Processor: AMD Anthlon(tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System
Display adapters: NIVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

You should not mess about in the Registry. @ a glance, from what you have said about what you did to the Registry sounds like it is necessary to re-install the OS to fully & properly get things back to what they should be.

Regards,
Drew

Not exactly sure, where you are at in this process or to what extent you are still able to perform certain or for that matter any tasks on the problem PC as it currently exists. But it sounds like you've messed up your file associations, particularly your .exe association.
There are a number of fixes located here Link Removed - Invalid URL
You might want to try the EXE one and see if that helps at all.

Trouble's link should works for you. It just changed the file association restoring the registry files should resolve your problem.

Not exactly sure, where you are at in this process or to what extent you are still able to perform certain or for that matter any tasks on the problem PC as it currently exists. But it sounds like you've messed up your file associations, particularly your .exe association.
There are a number of fixes located here Link Removed - Invalid URL
You might want to try the EXE one and see if that helps at all.
thank you i gonna wait for more feedback ,and its getting late (wery late) in my time so gotta get rested (exam tomorow :( ) this is the most helpful post i saw (sounded the most logical). thx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back