Windows 7 Help with my BSOD

1898Yorks

Good day everyone,

Recently I've been getting BSOD on my computer and I needed some help, so I joined here.

Before my computer crashes again, a few things that I noticed... The first time I received a BSOD was when I was attempting to launch Firefox on my computer and that crashed and froze my computer leading to a BSOD.

I've attempted a system restore to an earlier point only to receive it again...

Since then I backed up all of my files to an external hard drive and did a full Windows 7 Reinstall. I am still having the BSOD's and its always a new error it seems. Could I get some help in preventing this? Some input also.

I have attached the zip folder with all that was stated in the "How to ask for help with a BSOD problem" thread.

I've included the findings from the W7F diagnostic tool, the tabs screenshot from CPUID as well as the HTML file, and the HTML file from RAMMon. Please let me know if there is anything else needed! I am willing to cooperate :)

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1545. Since I did a complete reinstall, I don't have many programs on my computer, other than Panda Antivirus.

ALSO, my latest issue I've come across is an error when attempting to update windows.

PLEASE HELP! :)

Attachments

• W7F_05-05-2015.zip
    751.6 KB · Views: 390
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {fffffa8007ffb230, 2, 1, fffff800029ba2b3}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PSINFile.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PSINFile.sys
Probably caused by : PSINFile.sys ( PSINFile+6c0f )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all three dump files have different Bugchecks (the type of bsod) although one possible cause for all three could be faulty RAM. However, the above dump file is telling us that a probable cause is PSINFile.sys which is a driver file belonging to Panda AV. In fact I can see the driver is inside the call stack which is a kind of blow by blow account of the last sub routines run by the pc. This could mean that Panda AV is causing the bsod and it's probably worth testing by removing.
PSINFile.sys Wed Feb 25 18:46:59 2015: Panda Cloud Antivirus - PSINFile Filter Driver

Try removing Panda and using MSE instead:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/security-essentials-download

If after making the above changes you still get the bsod then you need to test your RAM.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Post any new dump files.

Thanks kemical. I will uninstall Panda AV now and use MSE. I will also run Memtest
86 and get back to you!

Thank you!

Hey,
if the bsod seems to have stopped after replacing Panda AV then you may not need to test the RAM. Also I forgot to ask about the update error, is there an error code involved at all as these can often help.

Hey Kemical,

I previously ran windows diagnostic for memory and it didn't find any errors. Memtest has been running for 11 hrs now and nothing also...

Anyways, yes! The error code was 80092004 Windows update encountered an unknown error. The update that it's failing to install is the cumulative security update for Internet explorer for windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB3038314).

Since I did a full reinstalling of windows with the disc I got with my computer, I've been trying to update everything, but it stopped here.

I did a little Googling and it seems that there isn't a current fix for this error:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/29...kb-3038314-installer-fail-error-80092004.html

You could try either removing the troublesome update by uninstalling it or use system restore to go back to point before it's installed. Run the windows update again but this time change the windows update settings so it asks you whether to install or not. This will give you chance to find the offending update and remove it before it's installed. You simply need to find it and then right click on it to remove from windows update.

I went ahead and uninstalled KB3038314. I also checked "About Internet Explorer" as the article stated just in case and it did not seem to be installed successfully.

But I did as you said.

Also,

Memtest was run for 16 hrs 38 mins. Pass -15 Errors-0.

I'll go ahead and start running windows as I normally did. Anything new, I'll let you know. If I get a BSOD again, I'll reply!

Any other suggestions?

Sounds good. We never close threads so if the unfortunate happens and a bsod re-occurs just post back. Best of luck.. :)

Excellent! I appreciate everything. I'll start running my computer as normal. Hopefully nothing happens, but if it does I'll catch it and re post!

Received another BSOD while watching a video on youtube. I was using firefox. I attached the text file from BlueScreenView.
Let me know of anything else you need or any direction I should follow. Windows seemed to be running smooth for a good 3 hours or so.

Attachments

• 050615-26707-01.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 415
Hi,
unfortunately you've posted a text file not a dump file although I can tell that the crash looks like it originated in the graphics section.. Might be worth updating gpu drivers if you haven't already. If you post the dump file I'll check it and post the results.

Will do.

Also, just ran Memtest86 overnight after the crash and woke up to some red.

Pass: 7 Errors: 2961920

Would it be best to just switch out my ram completely? Is there any troubleshooting or fixing this? :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1430997300.580163.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1430997300.580163.jpg
    882.3 KB · Views: 397
Hi,
Just check all your settings are as they should be memory wise.
You could test the sticks individually to determine which stick or sticks are bad but to be honest if you only have two sticks then it's worth purchasing matched pairs. These are matched in the factory for best performance and it's perhaps more desirable than purchasing a single stick.

Hi,
without going into a really long thread it's perhaps best if you just chose 'optimised defaults' in the bios but to be honest if you've never made any changes yourself chances are they are set right anyway.
I checked the first zip file you posted containing cpu-z shots of the memory settings and they look fine. As mentioned above I'd either test your RAM individually or buy a matched set.

Understood. Thanks Kemical. I looked back on memtest as I left it running and I've received even more errors! I notice while it was running "Test #8 [Moving inversions, 32 bit pattern]" TONS of errors were coming up super quick. Any idea of that?

Anyways I'll go ahead and purchase a pair of new mem. sticks. I'll be sure to give an update!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1431022288.218908.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1431022288.218908.jpg
    927 KB · Views: 337
Understood. Thanks Kemical. I looked back on memtest86.com/" class="keywordReplace">memtest as I left it running and I've received even more errors! I notice while it was running "Test #8 [Moving inversions, 32 bit pattern]" TONS of errors were coming up super quick. Any idea of that?

It just means your RAM is faulty.

Just an update. I don't think it's a fix or anything, yesterday I reseated my memory sticks and dusted the fan and memory slots and wiped off the memory sticks (found a big piece of lint near the memory slots... So random). I ran my computer for about 5 hours straight yesterday and have been running it for about 5-6 tonight. I've watched full boxing matches on YouTube and I was able to update my drivers with no problem other than finding them online lol. Hope this lasts. No problems so far.

Well dust can affect systems so certainly keep your eye on it but if it does bsod then you have a very good idea where the fault lies.

Back
Top Bottom