Windows 8 Hi, everyone I just have a question

Andrea Dixon

I dont know if this is the right place to put this question. But here is my question.
Hi, everyone I just have a question about the toolbar and the metro menu, Is there away to get rid of both and just have a desktop with out the toolbar, I hop you can understand what I'm saying.Why Im doing this is because Im a computer programmer and some of my projects has to be full screen and when i test it the toolbar is still there thats why I want to hide or not show the toolbar, Im new to windows 8 but 7 and vista and xp-98,95 I know how that works 8 is kind of the same but, with a lot of new stuff, anyways sorry If im boring you. thanks

Hi Andrea

Download and install Classic Shell.

It will restore the start button, and let you boot directly to the desktop.
It can be set to use any program menu from Windows XP forward.

Welcome to Classic Shell

I've used it for years before Windows 8 came out.

I also recommend Rocket Dock, a very handy application for placing all your commonly used software in one place on your desktop.

About RocketDock - RocketDock.com

I've also used it for years.

You may also be interested on Modern Mix, an app that makes Windows 8 open app from the metro screen in Windows instead of full screen, it cost five bucks.

ModernMix? - Run Modern (Metro) apps in a window on your desktop with ModernMix?

With all of these installed you can pretty much use your computer just the way you did in Windows 7.

Mike

I dont know if this is the right place to put this question. But here is my question.
Hi, everyone I just have a question about the toolbar and the metro menu, Is there away to get rid of both and just have a desktop with out the toolbar, I hop you can understand what I'm saying.Why Im doing this is because Im a computer programmer and some of my projects has to be full screen and when i test it the toolbar is still there thats why I want to hide or not show the toolbar, Im new to windows 8 but 7 and vista and xp-98,95 I know how that works 8 is kind of the same but, with a lot of new stuff, anyways sorry If im boring you. thanks

Andrea welcome to the forum.. :)

Just to add to Mikes great suggestions please don't ever worry about posting whatever issue. We all had to learn somewhere and everyone here, you'll find, is eager to help whatever the problem.

Hi

I missed the part about hiding the toolbar.

To do that you will want "Taskbar Eliminator".

I've used that for years too, I have graphic arts software that I want to use every inch of the screen and it does the trick.

Once you turn it on from and icon on the taskbar, you just hit Alt T to make the taskbar appear or disappear.

Taskbar Eliminator - Download

Mike

Andrea,

Yes, you can easily accomplish this. 1st, I am going to take it that when you say "toolbar", you, actually, mean Taskbar. Rt Clk it > Properties & check the Auto Hide box & hit OK.

You can, also, easily stay 100% of the time on Desktop & still access everything. Again, I'll take it that you do not want to change screens ie not visit Start or ALL Apps screens.

All you have to do is create a window (desktop shortcut) in which you can have all applications listed alphabetically. The instructions for this I have in this forum right here,

http://windows8forums.com/windows-8-tutorials-training/18130-creating-applications-window.html

Cheers,
Drew

Hi

The reason for Taskbar Eliminator is that it keeps the Taskbar from popping up when you get the cursor near the bottom of the screen the way it does when Auto Hide Taskbar is selected.

I have software that has a lot of buttons across the bottom and it a real pain to have the Taskbar pop up everytime I try and use one.

Taskbar Eliminator is free and solves the problem.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom