Windows 7 How to clean up "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons" settings ? Backup?

pstein

Extraordinary Member
When I go to

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons

dialog then there are a lot of programs which are already uninstalled.

How can I cleanup/delete all these useless entries?
How can I delete ONE single entry manually?

Second question: Assume I want to hide icons and notification for mutiple/all entries (here approx 40 items) in ONE STEP.

How can I do this?

Third question: How can I save/backup the current notification settings (for later restore) into a file?
Are these notifcation settings stored in a certain branch of the Registry (which exactly) ?

Peter

Hi Peter.
When I go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons dialog then there are a lot of programs which are already uninstalled.
How can I cleanup/delete all these useless entries?

To clear out past notification icons see this post:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

How can I delete ONE single entry manually?

Sadly, you can't (as far as I'm aware).

Second question: Assume I want to hide icons and notification for mutiple/all entries (here approx 40 items) in ONE STEP.
How can I do this?
Ditto last answer.

Third question: How can I save/backup the current notification settings (for later restore) into a file?
Are these notifcation settings stored in a certain branch of the Registry (which exactly) ?

Although I've never done it, I would think the registry keys that get deleted with the .reg file are the ones you need to save.

Back