Windows 7 How to delete some words on windows startup

pviana245

Guys, goodafternoon,

Im sorry to open a new thread but i cant find my issue nowhere, and i would appreciate some help with it.
ive bought this laptop from a friend, and my issue is: when i turn on the laptop, in that first image where you can go to the BIOS, on the top of the screen is a name of a company. HOW CAN I DELETE IT?
thank you for your time...

I'm not sure that you can. You probably need to wipe the entire drive and start again.

on the top of the screen is a name of a company
What Company?
If it is BIOS related it may be customized (by HP or Dell or whomever) sometimes there is a BIOS setting dictating what you see "Full LOGO" splash screen or words to that effect.
It you are talking about something later in the process and it is something associated with some other Corporate Image (maybe the company that owns or owned that computer) it may be an editable registry entry. Just a guess.

HELPIFICAN, it didn't work, I think the problem is what TROUBLE said. Maybe an editable registry entry from the company. Is nothing from HP or Dell, but the laptop is a HP. The problem is that the bios has a password. Some suggestions?

A colleague from my work told me that maybe changing the cmos battery could fix the problem, could be a solution?

Thanks for your answer, but what do you mean with wipe the entire drive?

This means to format the drive, which becomes a blank/clean drive. Then you will need the install media DVD (OS) and a valid license key, which is needed to activate the OS

Yes is what I'm going to do...but once I enter in bios, do you guys think there's an option to take that name?
As Trouble related to in his first post sometimes in the bios there will be a place to turn off the Logo or splash screen unless as someone else mentioned it's a custom bios.

Maybe use your cell phone or digital camera to take a snapshot of the screen you are talking about.
If we can see what you are seeing then perhaps we could offer better answers.
A screen that is produced by the system BIOS is very limited in what you can do with it. Basically enable or disable Splash Screen at boot.
A different screen produced by the OEM or Corporate Owner, or some other customization is likely a product of a startup call from a registry key. If we could see it, we might better understand.

Maybe use your cell phone or digital camera to take a snapshot of the screen you are talking about.
If we can see what you are seeing then perhaps we could offer better answers.
A screen that is produced by the system BIOS is very limited in what you can do with it. Basically enable or disable Splash Screen at boot.
A different screen produced by the OEM or Corporate Owner, or some other customization is likely a product of a startup call from a registry key. If we could see it, we might better understand.

here is the image...

Attachments

• DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 305
that name i want to delete. ive tried to call my friend about the bios password but he doensnt answer so only tomorrow at the work.
actually it doesnt make me any problems that name, but now the laptop is mine and not anymore from them, so i would like to have it deleted..that why...if you guys understand me.

Yeah thats a manufacturers logo alright. You should be able to turn it off in the Bios. It'll be called 'Splash screen Logo' maybe? Something like that anyway you'll just have to look.

As kemical has said it does look like an OEM splash screen which you should be able to disable in the BIOS.
However it looks like it has been customized and branded "Heerema Marine Contractors" as you might see on a device specifically made for a particular company for applications such as POS (Point Of Sale) or a customer service Kiosk, so editing or deleting it may be impossible.
Turning it off as kemical suggests is probably your best option. That way you should just see normal BIOS Info as to installed hardware and such at boot.

Back