Windows 7 I am looking for audio settings to enter MP3 as the player preferred

lotec

I did RCL on the speaker icon, however the following were the options.

open volume mixer
playback devices
sounds
volume control options

None of these were audio settings, or at least not the one that would allow me to enter MP3
as the player

Lotec

Every player (MS Mediaplayer, MS Mediacenter, VLC, just name it...) accepts mp3.

The 'speaker', 'volume mixer' and 'playback devices', 'volume control cptions' are no players. These are system parts or options; a player is a program or nowadays an App.

The preferred player is the player that is automatically used when you double-click on an mp3. Just try it, double-click on an mp3 and I think that the Mediaplayer pops up.

Somehow you are on the wrong track.

Henk

Last edited:
Every player (MS Mediaplayer, MS Mediacenter, VLC, just name it...) accepts mp3.

The 'speaker', 'volume mixer' and 'playback devices', 'volume control cptions' are no players. These are system parts or options; a player is a program or nowadays an App.

The preferred player is the player that is automatically used when you double-click on an mp3.

Somehow you are on the wrong track.

Henk
You are 110% right. I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing. I am using ACA Capture Pro to capture tutorials
and am recording the video fine, but nadda on the audio. Nothing at all. The video is saved as an avi file. The software that plays back what I record I am assuming is Windows Media Player, as this came with Windows 7 Home. If you could clue me in on what to do to get the audio to be recorded, I would most certainly appreciate it.
Lotec

Very sorry, but I know nothing at all of that capture program.

I think you hear your audio when it plays, right?
And you have found the "Volume Mixer". Make sure that nothing is muted (switched off) in the mixer.
That is about all I know at the Windows site of your problem.

Can you tell us what settings you see in your capture program?

Last edited:
Back