Windows 7 i need your help please

Yousef Tarcho

Hi ..
I need help please .. I have someone hacked my laptop and I am having problems in Windows files. How do I recover the original Windows files without lose my personal files??

-my device is SONY VAIO Model No. VPCEG18FG

- system is windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) pc.JPG

This is why I have always advised keeping two separate drives or partitions - the system drive for operating system and installed applications and a drive for all user data. That way you can reinstall windows without risking loss of data files buried in all those interminable "My this" and "My that" folders. If you have to run a full reinstall then I would copy the whole of the contents of your username folder from the system drive plus any other user data files you are aware of onto an external drive then run a full format and reinstall.

I'm with Pat on the partitioning setup. I learned the value of that a long time ago.
Joe

There might be two things you could try to get your system working. Running a chkdsk and System file check, never hurt. To run the System File Check, open an Administrative command prompt and type SFC /scannow. Maybe it will replace some files that have been damaged or corrupted.

Chkdsk might help clear up any drive corruption, if that is involved.

But if you have Windows 7 SP1, you can download a like version from online and then do an inplace upgrade which refreshes your system and leaves your personal files in tack. Of course not 100% reliable, so back up first.

Link Removed - Not Found

Since I don't have any systems with an OEM install, I may not be aware of restrictions in place when updating an OEM install due to recovery options on that system. So check your manual first.

Download the Macrium WinPE .iso from my Skydrive ( https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=475a...cid=475A0A48CA6D4035&id=475A0A48CA6D4035!1812 ). Burn that to CD and boot the system with that CD.

Then take an image of your C partition with that Macrium and store the image to an external disk. Here is how.

Then reinstall your system. Once this is done, you can mount the image VHD and recover your data.

Another way is to reover your data first with a live Linux CD - e.g. like this: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom