Windows 7 Incompatible Windows 7 Programs

Oh I completely forgot that.
PowerISO installed on my clean install 32bit 7 installation works perfectly. No problems at all.

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to add that a list of compatible programs would be usefull also, as some programs have been listed as incompatible and i found that some are compatible though.

For instance, Avast Antivirus has been reported incompatible, but if you start the installer with Administrator credits, it not only installs OK, but works also fine. Use version 4.8 or later.

As for Virtual CD programs: Virtual CD (the original) from virtualcd-online.com works just fine.
It only has no expicit support for copy-protection emulation as Alcohol and Deamon tools have.
It has the same functionality though, so with a bit of knowledge it is possible to emulate it (weak sector and other stuff like that).

Incompatible: Pinnacle TVCenter Pro 4.92 (TV software for the Pinnacel PCTV 110i analog tuner card).
It cannot find the .NET 2.0 framework (which is an integral part of Windows 7) an after an explicit install (using Visual Studio 2008) it stops with errors in the .NET function calls.

Incompatible: Extended Task Manager from Extensoft.com. Also as an included version in their Extensions for Windows. It returns an error with only the number -9.

Cheers,
I.F.

The problem is nobody is listing enough details. If you want to report ANYTHING, list precise specs of your system and what you were doing to replicate the problem. I personally list my specs in my sig, this helps a great deal, but I did help find one of the first computer enthusiasts forums out there.

For example, my 64bit installation works nothing like mt 32 bit install. I was having issues with the ATI drivers I tried to use. The fix can be found in the forums here or the other site I spend my time. Overclockers Forums - Powered by vBulletin

For example, my 64bit installation works nothing like mt 32 bit install. I was having issues with the ATI drivers I tried to use. The fix can be found in the forums here or the other site I spend my time. Overclockers Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Last edited:
A few

Gimpshop did not work for me and it gave me alot of grief removing..

CPUZ or cpuid works fine as well as CCleaner works fine....plus all of MS Office is working sweet

Adobe Flash Player isn't working right for me. Here's my story....I went to watch CBS news on their website, I get the video stream perfectly, but it won't open up to full screen. It says I have to install Adobe Flash Player, I do that but it still doesn't open up to full screen, and I get the same install message. Tried this with both Firefox and IE8, same thing on both browsers.

Other than that, W7 is working like a charm for me.

Specs...........

Last edited:
Nero DRIVE IMAGE (where you can mount a Virtual CD Drive doesn't work in Windows 7 (didn't work in VISTA either).

Alcohol 52% doesn't install

Tried to install Magix Movie Edit 14 and it will not install. It said "unknown operating system". I wonder about Roxio Easy Creator 2009. I also wonder about other Magix applications like Audio Cleaning Lab, MP3 Maker Deluxe, etc.

Roxio Creator 2009 works on a CLEAN install, not an upgrade. Next you need to download the Creator 2009 SP2 and install it also. I am now able to run everything even from the man control panel.

Last edited:
Adobe Flash Player isn't working right for me. Here's my story....I went to watch CBS news on their website, I get the video stream perfectly, but it won't open up to full screen. It says I have to install Adobe Flash Player, I do that but it still doesn't open up to full screen, and I get the same install message. Tried this with both Firefox and IE8, same thing on both browsers.

Other than that, W7 is working like a charm for me.

Specs...........

Update....I'm not sure what happened or changed but I am now able to watch the CBS news with the full screen. It's working fantastic now !!

Woops, The live stream is working fantastic, the video's that are archived still won't play in full screen..go figure....

Last edited:
Incompatible:
CloneCD 5.3.2.1 doesn't work on my 32-bit Version. It's installed without problems but then isn't able to burn anything. Just get failure notice that cdR-Drive can't be accessed.
WinCDEmu 1.0 starts installation but then kills himself when "finishing installation"
VirtualCloneDrive is installed fine, then creates virtual drive but can't get any access to the drive nether by trying to open it nor by "mounting file to virtualclonedrive"

Incompatible:
CloneCD 5.3.2.1 doesn't work on my 32-bit Version. It's installed without problems but then isn't able to burn anything. Just get failure notice that cdR-Drive can't be accessed.
WinCDEmu 1.0 starts installation but then kills himself when "finishing installation"
VirtualCloneDrive is installed fine, then creates virtual drive but can't get any access to the drive nether by trying to open it nor by "mounting file to virtualclonedrive"

Hi there The "Virtual SCSI" emulation / implementation is the problem in these "Virtual Drive" type progarms -- we'll have to wait for this to get fixed -- alcohol 52, Nero Drive Image, Daemon Tools etc all belong to this family of programs that currently don't work with Windows 7 (in fact Nero Drive Image accessed from the Nero Tools menu) didn't even work in VISTA.

Cheers
jimbo

I now used PowerISO which Obsidian posted on Page 3 in this thread.
Works fine. No problems at all.
Obviously it doesn't use the "Virtual SCSI" Emulation.....

Hi there -- that one (Power ISO) works --I missed that but it's not so common as the other stuff which most people seem to use.
It unfortunately is not free unlike alcohol 52.

Acronis True Image SHOULD INSTALL -- I use this a lot as this is what I use for swapping W7 -X32, XP, W7-X64 Vista X-64 around -- takes around 15 mins to image the machine and 15 mins to restore -- a lot quicker than re-installing Windows each time. I also need to run on a REAL computer - for this type of testing running a bunch of Virtual Machines is not quite sufficient .

When you install ACRONIS run the .exe installfile as administrator. I'd have probably chucked 7 or 8 computers out of the window by now if Acronis hadn't of worked as I would have spent the whole time installing and re-installing different Windows versions together with all the ap[plications etc.

Hauppage WIN TV (PVR 1100) fails - program installs but you can only tune in the the analog TV channels. Hangs on Scan Digital (Terrestial Digital - Freeview in UK) channels.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
Program set to add.

The Sims2 and ALL expansion packs does not work with Windows 7. Just wanted to add that. I even tried it in compatibility mode.

PC Suite Sony Ericsson Mobile sync

Hi all :razz:
just joined the Forum.
Installed w7 on both my laptop and desktop and after a bit of a struggle have almost everything working now after finding out that Power Iso workt to mount etc. ;)
But i still havent found out how to sync my mobile Sony Ericsson G900 with outlook in w7 :confused:
Could def use some tips on a software that works with symbian mobile ?
My phone explorer works only with windows mobile phones.

thanks ! great forum btw

incompatibility issues

Windows 7 has some serious issues with certain programs that wont run.I've tried Nero,avg,and mydvd.Infact the system crashed a couple of times.I dont know how to fix this problem.

Back