Windows 10 It comes to this

Btw which processor is it?

This is also going far behind my knowledge.
And you're welcome.
product: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz
vendor: Intel Corp.
bus info: cpu@0
version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz
serial: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
slot: U3E1
size: 2255MHz
capacity: 4005MHz
width: 64 bits
clock: 100MHz

Spectre is a class of vulnerablies that rely on a CPU feature called speculative execution and not malware itself. Attacks relying on these vulnerabilities have not been seen in the wild as of yet and you would not likely be able to detect them even if someone exploited these flaws. There are some mitigations for some types of spectre class CVEs but it's a tricky class of bugs to patch and probably won't be fully fixed for quite some time.

Spectre is a class of vulnerablies that rely on a CPU feature called speculative execution and not malware itself. Attacks relying on these vulnerabilities have not been seen in the wild as of yet and you would not likely be able to detect them even if someone exploited these flaws. There are some mitigations for some types of spectre class CVEs but it's a tricky class of bugs to patch and probably won't be fully fixed for quite some time.
Thank you for informing me. From what I posted on the capabilities of the cpu is it possible to tell if mine has that feature? My son built his own gaming system and his opinion is to throw it in the trash and get another one but I dislike giving up on something. As far as someone exploiting the vulnerabilities I know something has been exploited whether its those specific ones or not.

Before we moved I had problems with bluetooth continually activating (which was likely the neighbor kid trying not to burn up his mobile time and hacking our router) and somehow we ended up not paying for service for over a year. When we finally saw that Spectrum had not been withdrawing money we called them and they said we requested our service discontinued in June 2020 and they claim to have picked up our equipment. If Microsoft did not screw up with an update then someone wants me to think that. I know I pissed some people off on twitter and 4-chan because I tend to not afraid to speak my mind about numerous controversial issues so I no doubt brought this on and I am sure they feel justified as the marble rolls from side to side. (If you could not tell from my other posts I hope they read this) The only thing that makes me suspect bitminers is my downgraded graphics and the fact that I have 4 bitcoin services being blocked from sending data on a newly installed system.

I know you are not a therapist or magic 8 ball so I hope you will look over my rambling. Maybe I just like to hear myself speak but I just like to get it off my chest whether anyones paying attention or not. Thanks again and if we ever meet any of you all I will gladly spring for a 6 pack.

Let's see where we are and what I (mis)understood:
- You did run 4 bitcoin services, miners make extensive use of the computing power of graphic cards, so either your miner or some intruder is using that card
- Your servers are blocked from sending data
- Your bootmanager is corrupt, from the November 2020 update?
- You did run Bitlocker on that machine
- It behaves like Spectre virus has taken over

What else can be done than trying a new and clean install, avoiding all previous obstacles, hence using a new MS account, and clean installation media.
I did not read that you got new media, only a new license.
One option would be:
- create from a different PC a new MS account;
- if you don't have a clean and bootable USB stick with Windows installation media, create one on a different and clean PC (ask your son?), see here for instructions;
- Back to your crippled PC, you have to push, during power up, a specific key several times, or keep it pushed down, look in the manual page, it is often F2, to get into BIOS, find Bootoptions, and select your USB stick.
Or is this a 'bridge to far'?

Last edited:
Pretty much every CPU uses speculative execution and most certainly all Intel CPUs do. Can an update screw up a system sure, but it's not that common. An incompatibility or degraded hardware is more likely but still somewhat uncommon.

Let's see where we are and what I (mis)understood:
- You did run 4 bitcoin services, miners make extensive use of the computing power of graphic cards, so either your miner or some intruder is using that card
- Your servers are blocked from sending data
- Your bootmanager is corrupt, from the November 2020 update?
- You did run Bitlocker on that machine
- It behaves like Spectre virus has taken over

What else can be done than trying a new and clean install, avoiding all previous obstacles, hence using a new MS account, and clean installation media.
I did not read that you got new media, only a new license.
One option would be:
- create from a different PC a new MS account;
- if you don't have a clean and bootable USB stick with Windows installation media, create one on a different and clean PC (ask your son?), see here for instructions;
- Back to your crippled PC, you have to push, during power up, a specific key several times, or keep it pushed down, look in the manual page, it is often F2, to get into BIOS, find Bootoptions, and select your USB stick.
Or is this a 'bridge to far'?
Hi. I never ran or used any kind of bit coin anything myself. The bitcoin services being blocked by my firewall are not mine so I do not want them sending anything.I would love to know how they have remained on my system considering the extent and multitude of means I have attempted. Correct on the November 2020 update (or clever programming) . The Windows bootmgr along with the other things I mentioned were reported to be corrupt by the log files. I do believe it is possible that someone hacked my system and did all of this just to downgrade my system, allow them control and prevent me from making changes. Can I prove that? Not me personally but I did make copies of the entire drive on USB sticks when this got serious back in April so I have discussed handing it over to some IT and Govt people I know through church and rarely seen family. I just have not decided that its that important for them to invest time in yet.
I did not personally run bitlocker. That is just what the logs report. The only thing I did to this machine in May 2020 when I bought it was take it out of safe mode because it sucked. I had a limited amount of time to decide and opted out. It reminded me of what Norton tried back around 2000. They wanted complete access and control and I am not comfortable with that. After that I did a half ass set up (I had never had major issues before) and joined social media for the first time in my life. Even though I was respectful (except for the zinger thrown in on debates with very rude people just to see if they would notice) I know I pissed some of the more insecure or less stable ones off. Hence my current drama.
I am not positive about Spectre. That appeared on a diagnostic I ran. It had 3 variants listed and said I was affected by 2. The question is what did it mean by affected? Vulnerable or Infected? It did not list anything in regards to the Store variant.
I did get new media twice but after I got to try Windows 11 I started making my own so I could put to use all of those other programs I had to install just to try 11. I will likely never have another MS account or Windows product. The same goes for HP after this system. It seems the days of finding someone who actually cares about their product and its reputation are gone. Out of the 2 dozen or more service calls to MS only two people actually tried and 1 gentleman at corporate but after contact with these people my system would go haywire and this finally culminated in both it and a back up unit refusing to connect to internet even with a direct ethernet link.

I have read every trick to get into Bios and I could access it before all of this. For a while I even considered it was my password choice of Unkn0wn that messed it up but have been assured it was not. I asked HP to help 10 days before my warranty expired and never received anything useful. When I called back 2 weeks later they were willing to help for a new subscription of whatever .95. MS strikes me the same way. That is disappointing after using Windows for 20+ years.

Pretty much every CPU uses speculative execution and most certainly all Intel CPUs do. Can an update screw up a system sure, but it's not that common. An incompatibility or degraded hardware is more likely but still somewhat uncommon.
Thanks. I guess it really does not matter if the update did it or not. Its not like I can get them to reimburse me but I did think they would at least be interested in helping me solve the problem or determine that its was not the problem. I had heard they were upset with the HP partners in China for hardware and software issues regarding these computers and had taken steps to mitigate the issues but i only read that once so who nows if its correct. Have a good day everyone. Thanks to all for trying.

We can help you with technical questions, trying to sorting out the maze you got in.
But your main frustration seems to be your contacts with support providers. We can't help with that, but we can listen.
It is difficult to read through these frustrations and select the technical details of your computer. From here it looks like it badly needs a reinstall, can't you do it yourself, bring it to a repair shop.
I will have to think this over.

Last edited:
We can help you with technical questions, trying to sorting out the maze you got in.
But your main frustration seems to be your contacts with service providers. We can't help with that, but we can listen.
It is difficult to read through these frustrations and select the technical details of your computer. From here it looks like it needs a reinstall, can't you do it yourself, bring it to a repair shop.
I will have to think this over.
Hi. My bad about voicing my frustrations. I do not get out much. Please dont think I expect anyone to do anything about those service issues. I am either relieving pressure or relating the story when I do that. I will try to pay more attention and not rehash them again but if I do please overlook it. I have done many re-installs they just never worked until I got rid of Windows. The logs would always show where the incoming setup was either fooled or delayed and I could index the entire drive and find where programs or something had actually given command to other components to do just that. I guess that brings me to another reason that makes me think it was a hack. During that time I had found several pages that referred to arch installs and I had never used a linux style product on this system until last week. Maybe its normal to find that or to find logging info where the computer uses odd phrases or seems pissed that another component was discovered to be tampered with. My favorites were: DISM queried and failed to give commanded response to incoming setup!!! Correctly identified itself and other components as corrupt!! Destroy all past logs and begin fallback procedure!!!. and the best one: That was unexpected!!! Attempted to log-in by impersonating built in account only to find account logged in and aware of the attempt. Now I dont know if they were programmed like this or if this was people but I would like to know if it is normal. I doubt it is.

Also I need to make clear at this point that currently my system is OK for the most part. I have slowly nibbled away at whatever it is but I could not do that until installing linux. Even then it took a couple of do overs. Ubuntu still reads the "corrupted files" but manages to recognize inconsistencies and ignores them.

Back
Top Bottom