Windows 7 just when ........

3doz

I installed i tune for my granddaughter and alot of problems started , tried to remove it but the problems stayed ..... programs would not run showing screen closing dowm no explanation
.net framwork kept wanting to repair all the time

run out of options so i overinstalled windows again and did all the updates
programs now run but net frameworks still wants to repair all the time

what is the solution please

Hi

Try and just install Net Framework.

Download it from Microsoft here....

Download .NET Framework''

I have had times when I kept getting that message in the past, eventually it got sorted but I can't tell you exactly how.

One problem that a lot of people have had it that ITunes installs a program named Bonjour Services which can cause problems on Windows 7 computers.

If you can see that that is installed it's safe to just uninstall it.

Mike

thanks for that I have done it but it does not cure the problem , it returns every time it starts and not it takes longer to find everything spinning the drive for longer

If you can identify which version of the DotNet Framework is actually giving you the errors you may have some luck using this tool to clean up a particular version Link Removed - Invalid URL
Go to Mike's link to obtain the standalone version of the installer and reinstall it.

many thanks guys I had to use the tool twice and reindstall twice before it came good.
but the other problem on some programs still is not corrected
they load up normaly and show the first page then a small screen show stating the program has stoped and is clossing
on one program a second page shows imndevice.exe is not working
most program work
the faulty ones I have uninstalled and reinstalled same problem

Sounds like there is more to the whole issue than you thought. Do you have any idea what imndevice.exe actually is? I'm not having much luck finding anything definitive about it using Google.
Have you tried running the built in System File Checker? How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
and are you sure that you haven't contracted some type of infection from some malicious software product?
Maybe try
Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Downloads
Download, install and update both to the latest signatures.
Reboot the computer into safemode and run both simultaneously

I have done filechecked before and now repeated , have malware, now downl loaded and run superanit , with no changes

I was wondering if a program has changes something a bit like a tweek , its real strange all the normal checked dont work

Did you type imndevice.exe correctly? Could it be immdevice.exe

And as Trouble asks, do you know what it is or can you find the file and right click to get its properties to see who supplied it? Could it be Xilisoft video converter?

There are any number of software products that, when installed, will add plugins to other programs (i.e., norton's office plugin, various PDF readers office plugins, etc.,) so when you launch say Microsoft Word, and the software that added the plugin is now corrupt or otherwise unavailable, the plugin (application toolbar icon) cannot be applied to the application interface and may be causing some of the problems you are experiencing.
So getting to the bottom of this may require looking at the various programs you've installed and determining if they are overlaying another application that is resulting in an error which may not be actually associated with the principle program but rather the overlaying plugin.
Also you may want to double check the startup tab under the msconfig utility
just click the start orb and type
msconfig
and hit enter.
Or use AutoRuns and or Process Explorer and see if you can identify the culprit.
Regards
Randy

its a install problem I thin as i now get error 1601 after I have removed conflicting programs and tried to reinstall them
but I can only find a fix for vista not w7

its just geting stupid
now the installs come up with this see attachment

Attachments

• fault2.jpg
    fault2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 259
I have installed 64 in the computer without the same problems
now how can I change the boot info for only one system and remove 32 from the hard drive

Now the inportant . Merry xmas to all those that have helped on this and or just viewing

all nearly well
the mouse sometime becomes almost uncontrolable and jitters about the screen
the other is divx show a error virtual c runtime
I tried to reinstall it but i have a later version than what w7 web site is offereing

see attachment do I delete the lower 7 as its 32bit and save
then what else ?
will that allow the removal of the 32bit windows files from the computer on re boot

Attachments

• easy.jpg
    easy.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 255
Hi

If you are sure it boots into the 64 bit Windows, with no problems, and know which one is 32 bit, remove it from the boot menu.

After removing it from the boot menu, make sure you computer boots directly into the 64 bit Windows without asking you which one to boot into, and then you can delete the 32 bit folder.

Mike

Last edited:
it boots into 64 without showing the 32 on bootup
but the old windows wont delete
what was happening 32 booted up on C drive
64 was loaded into D drive and booted to that drive but changed it to C drive
using easybcd I deleted the 32 bit as per attachment
the question was I to do anything else in that program like rewright the mbr ?
64 now boots to c drive that was original D drive
the old windows is now in D drive and wont come out

Hi

With Windows 7 which ever drive boots the computer becomes the C:\ drive.
If you have both installed it will swap back and forth all the time.

To get rid of the old one try booting into Administrator Account...

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt withelevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.

Type or cut and paste…

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

Log out and log back in as Administrator.

When you are done undue the process by doing the same thing and pasting in

net user administrator /active:no

Turn off the UAC, and see if it will let you delete it then.

If not you can try and run File Assassin which is in the More Tools tab of Malwarebytes.

If none of that works come back and let us know.
Some one will think of something.

Mike

Back