Windows 10 Laptop very slow boot up

LT72884

So, i posted once about this a while back. But jow i am returning to it. So it took 23 monutes to boot 2 days ago.

Hp pavilion (updated drivers)
1tb 5400 rpm drive
12gb ram
Amd quad core cpu
Win 10 (originally 8.1 came on it)

I ran a procmon with boot log enabled. Once it booted, it is so far taking close to 20 min to save the current boot log file.

Once it is saved, i will upload here. This is driving me crazy to have such slow bootup haha

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Umm, cant upload files cuz there are 17 of them that total up to 7gb of loggs...... should i attempt it again

Edit. Ok, i re-did it and now its down to 2gb . So what should i look for in them to see whay its sooo slow?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd take the latest one, compress and then upload. 7gb of logs is a little excessive.

900MB to 2GB is normal for the boot log. You'll need to upload it somewhere that can hold it and link like onedrive or google drive.

Did you checked the fast startup option in power options? And Did you tried to do a clean boot?
Yes i did:) i tried clean boot and disabled all non microsoft with msconfig. Still slow. Its soo strange to me

I have seen the same on an old PC here. Any new installation of W10 booted up extremely slow. But supprise, an update from 8.1 to 10 booted up fast and smoothly.
The only thing I can think of to explain, is that some drivers from W8.1 have survived the update and are still in use in W10 and do a better job for my old hardware than the new W10 drivers.
I don't know whether this is the case with your PC, but I still hope this helps you.

First, sorry its taken so long to upload that file for you all to look at. Its been a hell of a last 3 weeks. I will get that uploaded tonight

Second, i noticed something strange. Have not fully tested this idea so dont count it ad 100% fact. The other wek i rebooted laptop with power cord plugged in and it took 20 or so min. Then the other day, i had to reboot and i didnt have my power cord with me and it booted in 7 to 10 min...

Strange

You could try a clean Windows 10 install.....
And you might want to test your HD with Seatools

Has anyone been able to look at the process mo iter files i uploaded to see why it takes 20 min for a bootup?

Thanks again

Back