Windows 7 link laptop to printer

Fenway16

Honorable Member
Can someone tell me how to do this. Printer is connected to desktop wirelessly -need same for laptop. Verizon fios setup. Thanks.

Well I got it done thru control panel but it was a pain on this 7 year old laptop. Thanks for input.

I always use a usb cable to connect printer to your computer. I dont use Wi-Fi enabled printers for the following reasons:

Attackers could send bizarre print jobs to it, use the printer to transmit faxes, change its LCD readout, change its settings, launch denial-of-service (DoS) attacks to lock it up, or retrieve saved copies of documents. They might even install malware on the printer itself to control it remotely or to gain access to it.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Only if logged into the wifi and unless you're using a simple password thats not going to happen.

An attacker can still sniff a wireless connection between a computer and a printer, even if no connection to the outside world is in place.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Attackers could send bizarre print jobs to it, use the printer to transmit faxes, change its LCD readout, change its settings, launch denial-of-service (DoS) attacks to lock it up, or retrieve saved copies of documents. They might even install malware on the printer itself to control it remotely or to gain access to it.

An attacker can still sniff a wireless connection

That is true not only of printer connections but of all wifi based functions but what is also true, is that with proper effeective security measures in place the printer connection is no greater a security risk than any other wifi based functions. Such concerns are at the root of unjustified fears propounded by conspiracy theorists.

Back