Windows 10 Mail App Not displaying content

Paul Simpson

Hay Guy's I'm having a bit of a problem with my win x Mail app not displaying in the reading area.

Mail.PNG

It looks like its only doing it with new mail as mail saved to folders still display ok. I haven't changed any settings so not got a clue what's gone wrong.
Any Ideas?
Is there a way to un-install / re-install the app?

In that image you don't have any emails selected... click one in the middle column
Mail.PNG

Thanks for the help but thats what is displayed. I selected the "preloved" email as in the header. If I click on the "Amazon" email in the middle column it only displays the Amazon header, and so-on for all new emails.

a.PNG

Last edited:
Not really... The only way would be to format the system and reinstall windows. Is this machine running some kind of email / malware sniffer?

Is this machine running some kind of email / malware sniffer?

Mmm, never heard of an email/malware sniffer. I only run defender, malwarebytes, and Ccleaner on this PC.

I did find a thread to remove the Mail and calender app with windows powershell but the Mail app displayed the same after I re-installed it.

I have a disk image I made last week so I may try a restore with that after work tonight see if that sorts the problem.

Have you got a blank hdd... replace the system hdd and install windows onto the blank for a quick test?

I have a blank 250gb samsung ssd I used for my games but its now too small, so I installed a fresh copy from my usb stick on it and win x Mail app displays fine again.

Last edited:
Mystery solved... something you installed perhaps?
Did you make any backup images last month or just re-install Windows and start again... I know it's a bugger A mate.:oops:

The weird thing was if I moved the new emails to another folder ie "Archive" I could veiw the content no problem.

I did make an image last week so I may roll back to that and see if it was something I installed that caused the problem.

Back
Top Bottom