Windows 7 Monitor Flickers on and off constantly

BlockBlazerMC

Hello. This is my first time on this forum so please let me know if i'm doing anything wrong.

My screen normally flickers on and off on start up, but today its been going all day! I cant play minecraft with out my monitor spazing out. but if I go away for a few minutes, it stops. Its like my pc "knows" i'm there. and it starts flickering again just to piss me off... I had tried to install a new graphics card, but it wouldn't read! Please help! :frown:

To stick with basics, how are your power options? Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options

My power options appear to be:
My Custom Plan 1
which includes:
Turn off the display: Never
Put the computer to sleep: Never

What kind of monitor? Laptop, Desktop, CRT, Flat Screen?? What kind of connection VGA, DVI, HDMI??
Have you checked the cable connections at both ends?
Is it possible the cable is damaged or otherwise in a poor state of repair (shielding poor to begin with and now failing or failed)
It is possible that a poorly shielded cable might be picking up interference from an outside source. Is the cable laying on or running in close proximity to any wall-warts?

What kind of monitor? Laptop, Desktop, CRT, Flat Screen?? What kind of connection VGA, DVI, HDMI??
Have you checked the cable connections at both ends?
Is it possible the cable is damaged or otherwise in a poor state of repair (shielding poor to begin with and now failing or failed)
It is possible that a poorly shielded cable might be picking up interference from an outside source. Is the cable laying on or running in close proximity to any wall-warts?

The monitor I use is a desktop, and it is connected through a VGA but using an adapter, I have tested 3 different cables, in which all had the same problem, the cable is tightly secure, I don't know what wall-warts are.

it is connected through a VGA but using an adapter
Have you also checked the adapter?
Wall Warts is a generic term to identify all those AC to DC adapters used for various peripheral devices from printers to hubs, switches, docking stations, etc., etc., you get the idea.

Last edited:
Have you also checked the adapter?
Wall Warts is a generic term to identify all those AD to DC adapters used for various peripheral devices from printers to hubs, switches, docking stations, etc., etc., you get the idea.

I think the adapter is the only thing keeping me from using my pc at all. my new graphics card didn't need an adapter, but it didn't want to work. and the only connected devices I have on my desk is my tower and my monitor. so I don't think i have any sort of hub, and I don't have a printer.

Back
Top Bottom