Windows 7 Mouse cursor driving me nuts!

Windows7Fan362

It's really stupid. Sometimes, I'm doing my own thing. Sometimes, I need to disable the touchpad, so I can avoid interference from my typing. (I'm running Windows 7 Professional, on a laptop.).

Anyways, when the event occurs, the cursor jumps randomly across the screen (Even if I don't do anything to the touchpad for a while.), clicking random areas of the screen, and right clicking, and making menu popups everywhere, and stuff like that.

I highly suspect it's a malware issue, but, I want to know what is causing it? I'll be very glad, once this episode is solved. It's driving me bonkers, and I hate having my cursor jump all over the screen, and clicking everywhere on it's own.

Thanks, in advance! Any help is appreciated!

-Windows7Fan362.

I suppose you have run a couple of anti-virus scans..?

Have you tried a new touchpad driver?

Do you have any flash drives plugged in to your system?

You can adjust the pressure needed on the touchpad before it is recognized. Maybe you could set it better to suit your needs.

Check the Ease Of Access options to see if any might be effecting you.

I suppose you have run a couple of anti-virus scans..?

Have you tried a new touchpad driver?

Do you have any flash drives plugged in to your system?

You can adjust the pressure needed on the touchpad before it is recognized. Maybe you could set it better to suit your needs.

Check the Ease Of Access options to see if any might be effecting you.

Thanks, for replying.

The answer to the question I put in green, yes, I do have a memory stick plugged into the laptop. But, I'm not sure what it has to do, with the problem. But, maybe, you can tell me what might be the cause?

To answer the last line, which I put in blue, which options would be affecting it? I'm curious. But, thanks, for the reply. I guess, if the memory stick is causing the cursor thing, then, I'm gonna need to see why it's causing it.

I've tried virus scans, and they've come up clean. No infections.

Thanks, for having replied, eh.

we had one thread where the mouse was changing focus. Turned out it was related to a specific type of flash drive that was causing the change of focus. Maybe not your problem, but guesses are guesses...:cool:

Mike

I had a problem like this for a long time, I even posted about it here.
I never really found out what caused it, I did every thing I could think of, updated drivers, installed and uninstalled and it did it with both of my mice. One was a Microsoft and one was a Death Adder both with cords.

After changing from one mouse to the other it would be OK for a day or so then it would start again.

I finally bought a 3rd mouse and the problem went away and never came back.

If you can barrow another mouse you could try it and see if it helps before investing.

I'm now using a Logitech 518 gaming mouse, and it works great.

Anyway if you haven't already done so run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and make sure your computer is really clean.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

http://www.filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/

Mike

Last edited:
Back