Windows 7 my computer has been taken over

smurfy4096

hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I am desperate About 6 months ago I bought an Acer Win 7 computer. at this point. I am not a computer newbie, I have been around them for almost 25 yrs. I have been in a battle with my computer for several months now. I have Avast Internet Security, AntimalwareBytes, WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster, SpyBot S&D . I am having a problem with take over of my files and drives.I have 3 partitions on my computer, I can see them, but can not access them except "C:`.
. One "E" drive was set as a Sata drive, I managed to get that back to a NTFS drive after I formatted it. Later I went to check my D drive and was denied access to it.I keep everything up to date with usually two updates per day. I run scans at different times each day.When I ran Avast on D drive, most things were in the "/Recycler" and there were 3 decompression bombs located. This was the drive I kept a back up image on. I have reinstalled Win 7 at least 10 times in the past couple months. But whatever I have eludes all my efforts to get rid of it.I also have 2 external drives and a thumb drive that hold ID # and product keys. These are now denying me access . I reinstalled my win 7 two days ago and my files are controlled by CREATOR OWNER and Trusted Installer again.When I try to remove them, the area is greyed out or I don't have permission to change anything. All my programs I have to get rid of this are now owned by someone else.Does anyone have any idea what I can do. I have even gone into command prompt and deleted net share, but they keep coming back...HELPPPP !!!!

hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I am desperate About 6 months ago I bought an Acer Win 7 computer. at this point. I am not a computer newbie, I have been around them for almost 25 yrs. I have been in a battle with my computer for several months now. I have Avast Internet Security, AntimalwareBytes, WinPatrol and SpywareBlaster, SpyBot S&D . I am having a problem with take over of my files and drives.I have 3 partitions on my computer, I can see them, but can not access them except "C:`.
. One "E" drive was set as a Sata drive, I managed to get that back to a NTFS drive after I formatted it. Later I went to check my D drive and was denied access to it.I keep everything up to date with usually two updates per day. I run scans at different times each day.When I ran Avast on D drive, most things were in the "/Recycler" and there were 3 decompression bombs located. This was the drive I kept a back up image on. I have reinstalled Win 7 at least 10 times in the past couple months. But whatever I have eludes all my efforts to get rid of it.I also have 2 external drives and a thumb drive that hold ID # and product keys. These are now denying me access . I reinstalled my win 7 two days ago and my files are controlled by CREATOR OWNER and Trusted Installer again.When I try to remove them, the area is greyed out or I don't have permission to change anything. All my programs I have to get rid of this are now owned by someone else.Does anyone have any idea what I can do. I have even gone into command prompt and deleted net share, but they keep coming back...HELPPPP !!!!

when i get blocked by trustedinstaller, i go to properties/security/advanced and make me (administrator) the owner instead of trustedinstaller, then i go back in to properties/edit where i give myself permission as the new owner, check the top spot, enables all permissions. hope this helps Access Control: Understanding Windows File And Registry Permissions is the link for trustedinstaller. i only use microsoft security essentials on my machine, i think it's just better, I have found that ccleaner and wise registry cleaner work well together to clean things, I have ADS Spy Utility to root out stuff lurking in streams, all freeware :)

Last edited:
Just to check, you have one SATA hard drive with three partitions formatted as NTFS, or 3 SATA hard drives formatted as NTFS?

You are not using any other drives, like an external drive that might contain some type of virus?

Are you working in some highly dangerous environment that requires all the Virus protection?

You should not mess with the TrustedInstaller. It is there to help protect your system and is used by Windows Update and many other things to update and repair your files.

I would probably disconnect any drives, if you have more than one, and reinstall Windows 7. Stay offline and don't install the Anti-Virus utilities and see what happens. After some period of time, install an anti-virus, and most folks here run Microsoft Security Essentials, and see what happens. but if your system is doing something you don't like, you need to limit what you do to try to see what might be causing the problem.

Just to check, you have one SATA hard drive with three partitions formatted as NTFS, or 3 SATA hard drives formatted as NTFS?

You are not using any other drives, like an external drive that might contain some type of virus?

Are you working in some highly dangerous environment that requires all the Virus protection?

You should not mess with the TrustedInstaller. It is there to help protect your system and is used by Windows Update and many other things to update and repair your files.

I would probably disconnect any drives, if you have more than one, and reinstall Windows 7. Stay offline and don't install the Anti-Virus utilities and see what happens. After some period of time, install an anti-virus, and most folks here run Microsoft Security Essentials, and see what happens. but if your system is doing something you don't like, you need to limit what you do to try to see what might be causing the problem.

I have one large2 TB drive that I partitioned. At some point whoever is cracking my computer turned a NTFS ( E) that was about 100 MB to a Sata drive. I managed to get it back to NTFS, but have now lost permission of my other partition (D). I don't work in a dangerous environment, but my son WAS a cracker also. I saw first hand what they were capable of. He now lives far away and can't just pop over and fix my computer. I still don't understand how they (crackers) can put new programs in my computer, access my thumb drive which I don't leave in my USB port? Windows Firewall is useless, they are IN there within mins of a fresh install. It deletes parts of my antivirus and changes registry settings, deleting working parts so my programs don't work. The once SATA drive is now a VDM. . I can see it but can't access it, same for my D drive. I don't mess with "trusted Installer" but get peeved with having files set so "everyone" has access to..

I also have2 external drives, 100 GB and a 2 TB external drive. Both of these have some kind of infection as I don't have full permissions on either. I try to leave them attached to my tower for as short of time as possible. When I run scans on them, it shows nothing suspicious. Right now I am afraid to put my trust in Windows firewall. After a few days it is filled with remote this and remote that, which I can't remove from the list.The most was about 10 remote applications including registry, remote desktop management, remote windows management ...etc.

We need to calm this down and look at it in a different way. You seem to think SATA and NTFS are rivals. Most hard drives now are SATA drives. That has nothing to do with how they are formatted, as NTFS, or FAT32 partitions.

Viruses can spread from an external drive (or internal) to your system in an instant.... Keeping external drives attached, which may have a virus, is silly.

Since I don't know your exact situation, again, I would reinstall Windows 7 on just the primary drive and download MSE as an anti-virus. Then give it some time to see what happens. If you continue to have problems, it may not be a virus.

We need to calm this down and look at it in a different way. You seem to think SATA and NTFS are rivals. Most hard drives now are SATA drives. That has nothing to do with how they are formatted, as NTFS, or FAT32 partitions.

Viruses can spread from an external drive (or internal) to your system in an instant.... Keeping external drives attached, which may have a virus, is silly.

Since I don't know your exact situation, again, I would reinstall Windows 7 on just the primary drive and download MSE as an anti-virus. Then give it some time to see what happens. If you continue to have problems, it may not be a virus.

hard drives have 3 main connection types, the newest and best is a SATA connection, has the best throughput, i think it's the best type, i use a SATA hard drive as my system drive, i have another hard drive that is an EIDE type, that has a series of small pins to hook it up, i use an EIDE/USB adapter to hook it up as storage for my backup. The SATA would be your best choice for your system, if it's a good hard drive, sounds like you may have malware somewhere. I agree that mse alone with a clean install would be your best move, disable autorun for all peripheral devices, so nothing can sneak in when you connect them, mse can scan each of them before you use them, a good idea - mse will update automatically, but I update mine manually before i go online, it seems to have the most frequent updates i've seen in any antivirus software, which is very good. For payware antivirus, i liked eset, and still use thier online scanner, it is very effective, eset is kinda expensive, but the online scan is free, here's thier website: Antivirus Software and Internet Security Solutions (by the way, NTFS is what replaced 98 windows when windows 2000 came out, it's the underlying software architecture in windows 7 too) hope this helps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom