Windows 7 MY Windows 7 Ulti x64 LAGS in GAMES!

Henkah§

Hello. I have a big problem on Windows 7!
Yesterday I installed Windows 7 and I had XP SP3 before and when I drove with XP va everything completely clean I could play without lag and get started 2 games at once. But when I was finished with my installation of windows 7 and all my updates, so put it something so terrible in the games and stuff, I'm very unhappy and so I turn to you on windows forum if you recognize anything of this. the only thing I can say is that it places simply in windows and games. at all, I lose much FPS in cs and cod and L4D, etc.! and now I mean in offline mode with, you should get a little information about my computer and it will denaför:

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Technology GA-MA770-DS3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400 + (2CPUs), ~ 3.2GHz
Memory: 3072MB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT: Memory 512 MB

That was all. And I'm very if you could write back with your answers, etc!

Thanks in advance. :)

I have updated the bios now and I started L4D and it seems that it has become much better but we still lag in games. not excessive, but it is freezing lag every 3 seconds! before I installed Windows 7 on my computer so I had XP. and, playing a game called Flyff "Fly For Fun" and where you can drive dual window and play the 2 old men at the same time. and I could easily play at 5 pc old men before they are on Windows XP, but now I can hardly be evident 2 pcs. : / Please help me!

Last edited:
Hi, glad to hear it's running a little better..
You didn't say if you were running the latest drivers or not.. Just in case here is the link for your graphics card:

NVIDIA DRIVERS 195.62 WHQL

For your chipset and Audio go here:

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-MA770-DS3 (rev. 2.0)

If the games your playing are quite old then try right-clicking on the launch exe, choose properties and compatibility. You'll then see the option to run the game as if it's running under xp.

Try defragging your hard drives using this free, fast defragger found here:
Disk Defrag - Reclaim the Speed Of Your Disks

Lastly, keep your pc clean by regularly running this app:
Download CCleaner 2.26.1050 - FileHippo.com

Oh, one last tip.. This guide found in the link below is exccellent for tweaking 7:
TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion (the regular edition is free..)

Hello :) thanks for the information but im at work right now. but im gonna check that Nvidia driver when i come home! but i forgot to say when i test my computer in 3dMark program my computer dies on the cpu test 2 :eek: idk why? but i work on Captech in sweden swedens biggest computer place. and i think im gonna take my computer to my work to check out what's wrong. but i will hav some more help if you know anymore then :) thanks and come with more help about why my computers die. ETC! my computer it's not to "HOT"

/Henkah

That sounds like the CPU isn't stable for some reason. It could be down to heat although you say that it isn't running hot, just make sure the heatsink is on ok and that the thermal paste is still ok.
It could also be your RAM so try pulling them out and reseating the sticks. You could also test the RAM using this utility:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Please let me know your CPU temps and how you get on at your place of work.. :)

I download speedfan 4.40 version and my stats is:

GPU: 45-50C
Temp1: 25-30C
Temp2: 45-47C
Temp3: 80-83C
HD0: 35-37C
Core: 45-50C

And i don't think my CPU or Graphic card is to hot. :/ im gonna gonna take my computer to my work tomorrow!
But i will have all your help you can give me now if you can?! :)

At all, a game that I play is really bad requiments. The game called flyff fly for fame '
and when I open 2 flyff window so does my cpu usage up to 97% it is not okay. and when I had XP I could have been 5-7 up flyff. : / What is the problem with my cpu?:)

I found this link regarding Flyff:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Let me know if it helps..

Your CPU doesn't look too hot just make sure that it's dust free and plenty of air is running through the case..

it is not the problem but my cpu is weird! why is my cpu completely strange when I use Windows 7 and Windows XP does not?

But I will take my computer to work and insert my boss to check on the bit type switch cooling paste and set the bios right, etc. ..

Back
Top Bottom