Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Yeah, they're out for money.
Finally got my old pc's power chord out of it's case's box. Uninstalled everything and deleted my files. Running CCleaner's disk wipe on the hdd now. Then refreshing Windows 10 and putting it on Craigslist tonight.

I finished up with the old pc and it went up on Craigslist about 1 hour ago.
It took Windows 10 all night to reset it and remove what little bit I didn't.
It's all fresh with judt Windows 10, current drivers and a updated uefi Asus released for it since July.

This new pc is still acting weird. I only did a refresh on it. When my leg is better, I'll have 2 upgrades to do and a clean install to boot. That will probably be in mid to late February.
Sometime in the 2nd week of February, I'll have the EKWB EK XLC Predator 240 Q.D.C. to replace my Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 cooler.
I already have the EKWB fan add-on kit for the EK XLC Predator 240.
That was ordered hours before my ankle was fractured and dislocated.

Windows 10 itself and Microsoft's pre-installed app's just aren't acting right at all.
For instance the Mail app I had to add my Microsoft email account to it, even though I'm logged into my pc with a Microsoft account.
Photos app is slow as molasses after all app's were updated in the store.
Those are just 2 examples.
I really think it has to do with the Windows 10 update from Patch Tuesday being buggy.
All these needed clean installs are beyond old now.
I'm at least in the 40's just since July.
That's not counting my old pc since Windows 10 came out.

Here's another bug in the Mail app. I delete my Hotmail/Outlook mail and then delete my Gmail emails in it. I delete everything in Deleted Items for Hotmail/Outlook and Trash for Gmail. Next time I open the Mail app everything I deleted is still in those 2 folders after I previously emptied both.

Thats because the emails are on the server and not being removed from there. There is normally a setting to enable deleting locla and remote mails so this doesn't happen.

Hope the therapy goes well. I'd be checking the web version of mail see if they've moved the setting there.

Ooops, I had therapy yesterday. Today was just my dressing change and wound cleaning. Tomorrow's therapy. Thursday's stitch removal and rewrap.
Then I think I have a breather until next week.
I don't know, as I'm seriously behind in sleep, as I have to get up every 4 hours for the aspirin and Tylenol.
I'm actually working out the Alarms app. If I don't get up within a minute, Sebastian wakes me up.

Hope it mends fast Keith... Drink plenty of milk or anything else which loaded with calcium.

As far as milk, coffee, creamer and cheese. I really can't get too much of it. My roommates like getting into my food and don't know how to replace it or give me money to cover for it.
I'm real sick of that

Hmm... Well you could try and make the food safer by using a padlock or move it to somewhere else. You could also leave a little sign saying 'Please do not steal food as a smack in mouth often offends'.... ;)

That doesn't work in my situation.
1 roommate is my landlords grandson. He's extremely lazy. Can't hold a job. Mooches food , money, etc. off landlord/grandparents. Blows said money on booze and drugs, not food.
2nd roommate is his friend from a previous job. He's not a problem. He works and eats his own food.
That's why in a way, the dog attack may have been good and to my benfit. It all depends on how it turns out. If it turns out good, Sebastian & I are out of this house and this state to either New Jersey or California.

Still have some stitches left that I need to get removed on Friday. I stopped the nurse from doing my ankle, as she was dangerous with the scissors and I was in pain. I forgot my aspirin & Tylenol at home and she wouldn't give me anything.
Here are some pictures of it that I could take. They're a little bit gross for those with weak stomachs. I couldn't get the left side at all. I also tok some of the right legs cuts/dog bites.
Picture 73.jpg
Picture 73.jpg
Picture 72.jpg
Picture 71.jpg
Picture 70.jpg
Picture 69.jpg
Picture 68.jpg
Picture 67.jpg
Picture 67.jpg
Picture 66.jpg
Picture 65.jpg

My left foot and toes are still really swollen. Left calf not so much anymore.
Friday when I go back to get both sides of ankle's stitches removed, I get a rubberized boot to wear instead of the splint and bandages.
Yeah, I'll actually get to take a real shower and wash my hair finally.
Then I get to go back for x-ray's in 4 weeks.
I guess I won't be bike riding anywhere until March.
I have to use my walker with the rubberized boot and my calf, ankle and foot can't get wet.

Yeah, it hurts at times, especially yesterday when the nurse was removing the stitches through the scabs.The first 3 days it happened, I was back in pain 5 minutes after they gave me all the pain medications. There where atleast 5 of them, maybe more. I had numerous pills and some that went into my i.v.
Now, it's actually not bad. The Tylenol every 4 hours seems to be handling it.
I guess I'll find out later today on how it's gonna feel.
I leave to get the rest of the stitches removed at 7:30 A.M. Then I get the rubberized boot and lose the splint. From then on I apparently can put weight on it, as he said I can take showers with the boot and to still use the walker when walking.
It hopefully will feel good to give the right leg a break.
Sunday afternoon my right ankle started locking up once when I went to walk. I put ice on it for half an hour and it was o.k.

Back
Top Bottom