Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Nvidia isn't interested in sli with the new GTX 10** cards.
You can still get drivers for 3-4 gpu systems but they are not for gaming really. Apparently they are to be used if your benching a 3/4 card system but other than that main stream support will now only be for 2 card setups.

I received my backplate and 4 brackets yesterday. That's the package that was in Florida last weekend. They pulled a fast one on me and for the first time ever, they shipped my Asus motherboard from Tennessee. First time I've gotten a Asus product from Newegg that didn't come from the Newegg in City of Industry, California. Anyway, it's in Orlando, Florida right now.

The GTX 760 was announced earlier today. No SLI on it like the 1080 or 1070. $249.00 stock and $299.00 Founders Edition. So far they only announced a 6GB version of it.

I finally got around to pulling my Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 out of the case and putting in the new front panel lightingting control switch. Now after the motherboard arrives, I'm gonna put the cpu and my M.2 ssd in it. Then I'm gonna unhook all the wires.
Then tomorrow or Sunday, I'll finish everything up.
I never got to do the stuff on Wednesday or Thursday like I had planned.
My dog's vet wasn't opened Tuesday, like they said they were going to be and then my dog hurt his leg yesterday, so he had veterinary visit's two day's in a row. Apparently he needs surgery on his left hind leg, thanks to his old owner, that I rescued him from. He used to kick him and he almost broke his leg kicking his leg. I through a ball to him and when he ran some how his back left leg's knee area gave out and he's been limping since.
Now, between building the pc, I have to price around for getting his leg operated on. His veterinary doesn't do any surgery.

Motherboard arrived. Put the cpu in , my M.2 ssd and put the motherboard in my case.
Tomorrow, I'll wire everything put the Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 back in (in push/pull) and my XFX Radeon HD 5700.
I've been up for 1 1/2 day's, so I need to go to bed now.

I have my new pc working now. However, I'm not using it right now. It's got some serious issues going on right of the bat. Issue #1: It came with them most up to date UEFI for my board. UEFI # 1701. The UEFI is so blurry pretty much nothing is readable. The only way I know it has # 1701, is from the label on the motherboard.
Issue #2: Because the UEFI is so blurry, I can read anything in it, to find where to select my flash drive that has Windows 10 Pro on it as the boot device, so I can install it.
Right now, I'm back on my old pc, as it's the only way I can do anything.
I'm liking the red led lights in it. The case surprised me, after I put the new led light controls on the cases front panel, I was expecting to have to configure them again. The case remembered my settings from before the other motherboard broke.

I'll have to check later on today. I may have put too much Arctic MX-4 on the cpu. I did get the uefi to set XMP and overclock the cpu for me. It's just too blurry in the UEFI to be able to read anything. The only reason I know it has the 1701 UEFI, is from the boxes label that has the serial number on it
I hit F% before I loaded XMP and let it automatically overclock my cpu.

Hi,
I can't believe another issue has arisen.. Wow Dude I feel your pain and to be honest I would have imploded with rage by now probably.. ;)

When you say it's blurry in the uefi bios, have you tried setting a different resolution? Your bios may not have this option although all it is really is the option to run uefi in 1080p, might be worth a look.

Until it's sorted out though I wouldn't mess with any overclock settings until you can see exactly whats what.

I can't see clear enough in the EUFI to really make out what anything says. I was tired at the time, though. I just woke up. In a few hours I'm goimg to reseat and repaste the cpu and see what happens.
I think I'm going to unplug my Intel ssd and Seagate Barracuda, too.

Last edited:
**SOLVED** I have my pc working properly, Windows 10 Pro x64 and I ran Asus 5-way Optimization and have it overclocked per core.
It took roughly 6 hours to get Windows 10 to install.
It was my fault I think. When I setup my Arctic Liquid Freezer 240, I accidently plugged the waterblock in CPU Optional and the fans into CPU.
I reversed them into waterblock- CPU & fans- CPU Optional.
Windows 10 then installed & ran properly.
With it hooked up the first way it was freezing at the Asus screen after the first restart to finish installing Windows 10.
kemical: CPU pins weren't bent and it was seated correctly.
Now the fun of installing my software begins.

The Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 ssd kicks my other pc's Samsung 840 Pro 256GB ssd's ass.

Attachments

• 850EVO.PNG
    850EVO.PNG
    93.5 KB · Views: 277
I did one with Samsung Magician on my Intel 530 Series ssd. It only got 520 and 48*.
I'm still having a few weird issues.
Issue #1. My LiteON Blu-Ray RE isn't detected in the pc.
It worked when I put it in the case back in April.
Wires are all plugged in and I tried new ones, too.
Issue #2. When I put it on my bed to pull it out and change cables, my Seagate Barracuda & Intel 530 Series both slid out of the back of the cases hdd bays. Lucky both only fell on my bwd,
ssue #3. This one's becoming a pain in the ass. My AI RoboForm Everywhere that I renewed on Friday, keeps losing it's activation. Like 3 times, just today.

I was almost done installing my software when all those happened. I did a system restore and Windows 10 beforehand got a update that gave me the new start menu look. I'm not in the Insider Preview and 10 has been weird after the update.It took away most of the software I had installed, but left the software's folders in the start menu with web links for each.

Issue #1. My LiteON Blu-Ray RE isn't detected in the pc.
It worked when I put it in the case back in April.
Wires are all plugged in and I tried new ones, too.

Try other SATA ports and change cables. Is it possible to test the drive in another machine? (unless you have a spare psu lying around)

Issue #2. When I put it on my bed to pull it out and change cables, my Seagate Barracuda & Intel 530 Series both slid out of the back of the cases hdd bays. Lucky both only fell on my bwd,

There are usually attachment points where you can use small screws to keep the drive fixed in place. Even if you don't use them all (some can be difficult to reach) having one or two is better than nothing.

I was almost done installing my software when all those happened. I did a system restore and Windows 10 beforehand got a update that gave me the new start menu look. I'm not in the Insider Preview and 10 has been weird after the update.It took away most of the software I had installed, but left the software's folders in the start menu with web links for each.
Sounds like an upgrade to a new version.

Last edited:
Back