Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I'm not expecting the photo's to come out good. My webcam is 4 years old now and it's automatic settings aren't showing the colors right. I've tried setting them manually, but the colors and basically everything with it doesn't look right at all.
That's why it's being upgraded before Christmas.

The new video card and red led fan's are before the webcam. Video card is September, fans are October and webcam is either November or December.
August has to go for my dog's leg x-ray, magicJack renewal and CyberLink Media Suite 14 Ultra.

It's weird the price for his leg to be x-rayed is $85.00. Yet, the place I take him, which is close to my house and the cheapest in my area has a summer special for a full body x-ray for $85.00.
It really makes no sense that it's going to be the same price, just for his leg.
I can't really complain, though.
All his yearly checkup/shot's only cost me $79.95, $12.00 for his state tag and $36..00 for 2 month's of his Trifecta (anti-flea/anti-tick/anti-worm) medication.
Then the pain medication he put him on for 2 weeks was $23.00.
I'm going to have to find somewhere to do his leg surgery, as they don't do any surgeries where I take him.
I' just glad my landlord like's my dog and was glad I saved him from a ex-roommate that he evicted.
He said he'd cover the surgery price.
He owns a used car dealership and is a good landlord.

Last edited:
My LiteON Blu-Ray RE is now working. Now I just need to replug in my Logitech Webcam and see if I can get a few decent photos. I'll need to do some tonight, too for the case and motherboards full led effects to show better.

Here are a few photos. The rest I'll have to do at night , so they look better.
This was a two person job. I couldn't hold the camera over by my case and click the mouse 3 feet away. I had to hold the camera and let my romate click the mouse to take the photos.

Attachments

• Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 329
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 325
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 337
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 342
  • Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 342
I finally figured out the motherboard's Sonic Studio 2 stuff. Now, I have my 5.1 speakers working in everything. Before my 5.1 speakers were only working in Control> Hardware and Sound> Sound and Realtek HD Audio Manager. Everywhere else they played like a 2.1 speaker set. Glad, that's solved.
More photos after it gets dark where I am.

Here are some more photos of my pc. These aren't the best, as on these ones I lost my helper and couldn't get any better ones on my own. My arms just aren't long enough to pull it off.
The ones of the sidepanel are sideways.

Attachments

• Picture 10.jpg
    Picture 10.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 322
  • Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 327
  • Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 327
  • Picture 13.jpg
    Picture 13.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 327
  • Picture 14.jpg
    Picture 14.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Picture 15.jpg
    Picture 15.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Picture 16.jpg
    Picture 16.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 356
  • Picture 17.jpg
    Picture 17.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 344
  • Picture 18.jpg
    Picture 18.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 325
OK, my roommate got home and helped me with the photos. I'll have to figure out a way to keep all light out of my room for some good whole case pictures.
Here are the good led ones of the case top and left sidepanel areas.

Attachments

• Picture 19.jpg
    Picture 19.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Picture 20.jpg
    Picture 20.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 325
  • Picture 21.jpg
    Picture 21.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Picture 22.jpg
    Picture 22.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Picture 23.jpg
    Picture 23.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 336
  • Picture 24.jpg
    Picture 24.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Picture 25.jpg
    Picture 25.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 341
  • Picture 26.jpg
    Picture 26.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 344
Last photos of my pc. Atleast until I have my new video card in September.

Attachments

• Picture 27.jpg
    Picture 27.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 349
  • Picture 28.jpg
    Picture 28.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 323
That and my Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 are what made me go with the NZXT Phantom 820 case. I love the included NZXT Hue lighting the case has.
It will look even better in September & October.
The Sapphire Nitro RX 480 8GB has led lighting on the Sapphire logo on the side of the card.
Then in October I'm going for my red led fans everywhere. 3 200mms. (front, side panel & rear), 4 120mm. (Arctic Liquid Freezer 250) and 3 140mm. (2 bottom of case & 1 Cases Pivot Fan)

I just had a good one happen to me.
I had the Photos app open and showing my photos. I took my dog outside to go to the bathroom. When I came back in my photos were gone.
I opened this pc and my hdd disappeared.
I restarted my pc and my hdd is back. I opened all the folders and everything is showing up.
I open the Photos app and none of my photos are showing, even though my hdd where they're at is listed in it's settings.
I'm about done with Microsoft's buggy modern apps.

I still prefer Photo Viewer in windows 7/8/8.1 or Photo Gallery as part of MS Windows essentials....it works on windows 10 as I'm using it as my default photo viewer.

I like the stuff that comes with CyberLink Media Suite better than the Microsoft stuff.It pretty much covers everything from dvd's, blu-rays, music, photos or videos.
I've obviously got something weird going on, though.
As of today my hard drive has disappeared on 2 different occasions and has reappeared both times after a restart.
My power plan is set to high performance, with both my ssd's/hdd's and display set to never turn off.
I'm not used to this Intel crap that Intel motherboards use, though.
Like for instance, because the lan is Intel based, it doesn't work at all until you install it's driver.
Realtek's lan doesn't work that way. It works while you're installing Windows, etc.
It's weird that this issue pop's up over a week after the pc is built and right after Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 ran a scheduled full scan and came up clean. No malware on my pc.

It's the sata drivers. I've had the same problem happen with an AMD system. I found using the ones that come with windows 10 work fine. On installing the AMD ones I get the disappearing HDD. So I'm presuming that maybe the intel drivers have a similar issue.

Last edited:
It hasn't happened again. It's weird there was a update put out yesterday morning for AI RoboForm Eveywhere, which I use. Since I updated it, the issue went away.
Then Asus issued a update for my UEFI. I just got that installed a few minutes ago and re-overclocked my cpu and reset XMP for my ram.

The Intel stuff on this board is going to take a while for me to get used to. I'm still used to the AMD stuff and Realtek LAN.
Now, that I figure out the Sonic Studio stuff with this board, I'm loving the sound enhancements compared to my previous pc's. The Sonic Studio 2 has equalizer settings for any type of music, videos or games. It even has a reverb setting in the equalizer. It's truly unreal how much more power my speakers have now.
I still have to learn some of the Intel LAN stuff. In some stuff my speeds are slower than they should be. In web browsers my speed is fine
On speedtest.net I get between 106.**-115.** mbps download speeds and 10.**-11.** upload speeds. In Steam, Uplay and Origin the speeds are in the 12.**-13.** mbps, though.
They weren't sslow on my old pc with the Realtek LAN, so it must be the Intel LAN,
The Intel LAN doesn't work outside of WWindows either. The Realtek LAN does.
I've got gpedit.msc tweaked to not throttle the network speed down, so that isn't it
On this pc, when I installed Windows, I couldn't login to my Microsoft account, until I had the chipset and LAN drivers installed.
I'll have to do a search on how to tweak the Intel LAN adaptor in Device Manager.

I think I fixed the Intel Ethernet Adaptor. I went in Device Manager this morning and tweaked it's settings to my liking.1,000 mbps and as Administrator, not Slave.

Back