Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

They apparently put out a new version this morning. I uninstalled the old one and installed the new one.
kemical: I never really used it either, until now. On my first pc I upgraded from WD version to the full one and used it for awhile.
nmusk: In the WD version of Acronis, where is the incremental located at ? Do I have to create a new backup and select incremental?
When I click on it's Backup tab it shows the full backup I did Wednesday night.

Attachments

• WDAcronis.PNG
    WDAcronis.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 317
In the options for the backup there should be a schedule section, in there it does incremental backups

I'm not seeing it in the new version Western Digital released of the Acronis WD Edition today. Hold on a second and I'll make a screenshot of it.I can't get the options in it to stay open while I open the Snipping Tool. The options listed are Entire PC, Disks and partitions and Files and folders. No other options appear.

I don't have those options. I only have the three I listed previously. Nothing shows up at the top like in your screenshots.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It may be better for me to uninstall it and reinstall Macrium/EasUS ToDo Backup free. I'm not gonna waste 10+ hours for every backup like I did with the first one.

I have Macrium Reflect & EasUS ToDoBackup free reinstalled.
Formatted my external hd and made a image with Macrium.
I started doing a backup with EasUS afterwards. I fell asleep for a few hours and apparently the power went out again.
Starting fresh with EasUS and deleted the first backup. I've got it backing up my documents, downloads, favorites, music, pictures, saved games and videos now.
After the first are done, I'll start doing each on a weeklybasis. Probably on Sunday's from now on.

Off topic and all but I've just got a ultra widescreen gaming monitor. Will take some getting used to. Have learned do not look at the sun in game. HDR enabled and it's blinding :D

apparently the power went out again.
As Norway say's, the above is a little alarming, do you mean the power in the house failed probably due to the meter running out?? Or did the machine just turned itself off?

No it's power issues from the hurricane last week. I guess it's taking Florida Power & Light a while to work it all out.

I have Macrium Reflect & EasUS ToDoBackup free reinstalled.
Formatted my external hd and made a image with Macrium.
I started doing a backup with EasUS afterwards. I fell asleep for a few hours and apparently the power went out again.
Starting fresh with EasUS and deleted the first backup. I've got it backing up my documents, downloads, favorites, music, pictures, saved games and videos now.
After the first are done, I'll start doing each on a weeklybasis. Probably on Sunday's from now on.
>>>Hi, brkkab: Hey, that's good to know about the backups. A few people here like and have tested the EASE ToDo backup including Mike H. who introduced me to it. He swears by it! I'm going to give it a go in the next few weeks on some of my Test Machines and see how it does. The other reason for the reply was to mention you might consider using CrashPlan (Cloud automated backup) for your incremental backups. I have recently just bought it and am using it for a customer who recently suffered a devastating Ransomware attack. It's $5/mo. per PC [$60/yr.]or $12/mo. for 10 PCs (I got this one since I have a lot of machines). Might be worth looking into as a backup to your Macrium/EASEToDo. You can never have too many backups.;) I think this was a saying attributed to Alan Turing. Anyway, let us know how you like the EASEToDo. It's on our recommended list of tested W10 Image Backup software (at least mine!) here along with Macrium & Acronis both of which I've used quite successfully.
Anyway, I'll let you get back to building that new PC of yours. Hope the hurricane didn't do too much damage to your home or neighbors.:nerves:<<<
Cheers!

BBJ

Back