Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

kemical: I just got around to running DDU in Safe Mode and then reinstalling the 375.57 driver and it's ok now.
Also, could you tell me how to block this in the Mail app. It's coming through Outlook Mail. I get the same exact thing as seen in the screenshot everytime I open Windows 10's Mail app.
I did a search in Bing for the website and Smartscreen filter block's going to the website, too.

Attachments

• Mail.PNG
    Mail.PNG
    36.7 KB · Views: 301
Only other part I have that their isn't a category for is a multi-format memory card reader & and a NZXT Phantom 820 matte black case. Case has Bitfenix Spectre Pro red led fans. 2 200mm. and 4 140mm. Using cases red led lighting, too.
I thought you got a case and fans with the recent build you did?

kemical: I just got around to running DDU in Safe Mode and then reinstalling the 375.57 driver and it's ok now
Excellent news! I use it every time I update the GPU driver as it works a treat.

Also, could you tell me how to block this in the Mail app.
Hmm... I stopped using the Mail app a while ago but couldn't you mark it as spam?

I'm not actually seeing it to mark it as spam. Bitdefender & Microsoft are both blocking whatever it is. As far as my case, it did come with fans. I just wanted the red led fans to go ith the cases red led strips.
I do hear the fans now. That's because the Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm. pull in more air than the stock NZXT fans did.The Bitfenix pull in over 100cfm.
Even with the Bitfenix fans in this pc. It's still quieter than my old pc is. The AMD heatsink in the old pc is louder than everything in the new pc.That's not good considering this pc currently has 14 fans in it. I'm including the 2 GTX 760's 4 fans and the Arctic Liquid Freezer 240's 4 fans there.
I'm gonna give the Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 to my roommate for the old pc once I get the EKWB EK-XLC Predator 240 QDC and addon fan kit for this pc.

I reran DDU and then reinstalled the older driver. I then ran a backup & created a system image. I'll see if Nvidia released a new driver, yet. It may be better for me to hold off on it until Friday, as Nvidia & AMD will probably be releasing new drivers for the Elder Scrolls V; Skyrim 64bit, which is coming out Friday.
I'll automatically get it as I have Skyrim V and all it's dlc in Steam.

The new drivers are 375.63. I just installed them on my pc a few minutes ago. The PC World article I posted above has a direct link to get them. Don't use GeForce Experience to get them, as it still using the bad 375.57 driver.

I've got some modding I need to do next month when I put my new video card in.
The 2 Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm. fans each have 3 different areas for screws in all 4 corners.
I'm gonna need to borrow a cutter from my brother to remove 2 in each corner on both fans.
With them having 3 holes in each corner, it's making it so the front panel on the left side isn't locking into place all the way.
The way it is for the side panel one, only 2 screws will go in.
I'm gonna pull both out and do what I should've done to begin with.
Line them up against the NZXT 200mm. fans and then cut the holes on the Bitfenix fans, so they match and all 4 crews go in each.
I don't really just want to glue the fans to my case.
I'm planning on having this case for quite awhile.
I may even eventually go into a auto parts store and get some red pinstriping for the various indents on the sidepanels.
That one I'll do after I have my new eyeglasses.
It's been a few decades since I've pinstriped anything, but I used to be good at it.
I didn't realize that I already have R.O.G. stickers that came with my motherboard.
I think when I do the video card and fans in 2 weeks, I'll put one of them on the front panel door that covers my DVD-RW, Blu-Ray RE and memory card reader.

I found another 2 bugs in the new Nvidia 375.63 drivers. I haven't installed anything since I ran DDU in safe mode and restarted my pc and installed the display driver.
Issue #1. My i1 Match display calibration settings aren't staying, as it pop's up after every restart asking to calibrate my monitor. I've done that 5 times already with the new driver.
Issue #2. All desktop software in the start menu says new after each restart. I right-click on everything to where all the new next to everything is gone.
This 2 bad drivers in less than a week answered my video card purchase question.
I'm getting the PowerColor Red Devil RX 480.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually yet another Windows 10 bug. I remember this issue awhile back, where all my desktop software repeatedly said new next to each one in the start menu and the modern apps were fine.
Now, that I think about it, that was the reason I went back to Windows 8.1 Pro before I got the Bitfenix fans.

The issue is with both Nvidia drivers I've tried now, as far as the start menu. It now appears in 373.06 & 375.63. I reinstalled 375.63 after the issue appeared after numerous restarts with 373.06 installed.
I'm really thinking Microsoft snuck a hidden update in 10 last night. That's when the start menu issue appeared.

For the umpteenth time I did another clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64. So far no issues, but I only have Windows updated, my drivers installed, AI RoboForm Everywhere, Chrome, Firefox, Java, Air, Flash Player, Silverlight, Steam, Origin and Uplay installed.
I'm working on my Uplay games now. Origin is next and then Steam.
I'm thinking on waiting until Friday to get the newer version of Skyrim, when it show's up in my Steam library.
I need to do my 2 fans Thursday or Friday. I got a cutter off my landlords son a little while ago.
I just want everything installed again before I mess with it.

The issue is with both Nvidia drivers I've tried now, as far as the start menu. It now appears in 373.06 & 375.63. I reinstalled 375.63 after the issue appeared after numerous restarts with 373.06 installed.
I'm really thinking Microsoft snuck a hidden update in 10 last night. That's when the start menu issue appeared.
I've used both drivers without issue although i installed using DDU.

Could anyone go over these network settings I'm using ? It seems like anything outside of a web browser is extremely slow.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    576.1 KB · Views: 305
  • Capture1PNG.PNG
    Capture1PNG.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 224
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 271
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 221
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 265
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 250
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 271
I've been using DDU, too. I forgot all about having it, until you mentioned it. I'm wondering if it's a Windows 10 issue or something else, now. I did a clean install yesterday around 6:00 P.M. or so of Windows 10 and the start menu is ok so far with the 375.63 drivers.
It will be a few days before I'm done setting it up to try and narrow the culprit dow.
I do Windows, Windows Update, Drivers, Ninite (Browser/Flash/Air/Everything/Sumatra PDF/Steam). Then I go after Uplay, then Origin followed by Steams games.
Then I usually install everything else. I don't open any of that stuff, except WMP 12, Music, Movies & TV and then all of Cyberlink Media Suite 12 Ultra. I do the Photos app last, as it's been buggy, since 10 was in beta. One day it adds everything and it's icon stops spinning. Then the next 4 times you open it it spins2-8 hours.
I use Unchecky, so no unwanted crap gets on my pc.

Unchecky ot seems to be failing as it allows you to install flash. I wouldn't allow flash near any machine of mine. Is a huge security flaw.

Back
Top Bottom