Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Vascular issue's appear to be worse than I expected.
Apparently my vascular surgeon thinks I have a silent aneurism in my aorta.
I get a mri on it Friday to find out how bad it is.
He won't do a ct scan w/dye due to my kidney disease.
I get the results a week from Wednesday, as that's the only day of the week he's in my area.
Glad I don't let the medical stuff bother me.
I have a strange feeling that my kidney disease progressed my late stage 3 to stage 4, which means dialysis is around the corner soon, too.
Even though I always joke with people and say I'm 51, but my bodies 90, my vascular surgeon said that my body is the 90, without me saying anything to him about my joke.
Atleast my primary care, endocrinologist, nephrologist and vascular surgeon have figured out I handle medical stuff extremely well and that no punches need to be pulled on what medical issues I have.

I fif a upgrade install of Windows 10 May 2019 Update yesterday.
AMD released AMD Adrenalin 2019 19.5.2 drivers today.
3DMark scores below.
Time Spy< 4688 down
Fire Strike Extrme: 6294 up
Fire Strike: 12727 down

let's just say if your pc has a ssd/hdd cI made the mistake of doing a clean install of Windows 10 1903.
Sorry I ever did it as Microsoft has changed it to my personal and I'm sure other's disliking in a few huger area's.
Let's just say extra OneDrive space sale's must be hurting Microsoft.
Either that or they're getting greedy.
Sorry to say that if you have numerous ssd's or hdd's you can't move your documents folder anywhere.
Another lameass change is that we can move our downloads., favorites. links, pictures,saved games and video still as before.
Theres a catch for the pictures, though.
The Photos app only shows pictures from One Drive.
Sorry folks, but this stinks.

How'd you do it?
I noticed it on my pc before I re-installed Office 365 Personal.
The Documents in my C:\Users\keith folder doesn't sow a Location tab in it.
Everything else does, but the Photos in the taskbar icon & This PC at the very top both only show my few Pictures folders from One Drive.
The Documents folder at the top only shows One Drive's Documents.
Desktop up there is empty, too, even though I have God Mode and my magicJack both in my Desktop folder.
My Music & Videos folders made it fine with just changing the location from C:\Users\ keith\Music to D:\Users\keith\Music and C:\Users\keith\Videos\ to D:Users\keith\Videos.
My 3D objects, Contacts, Downloads, Links, Saved Games and,Searches made the move ok, too.
As far as 3D objects and Contacts go both have always been empty in Windows 10.
This is the first issue I've ever had moving them just by changing C:\ to D:\ , apply, ok before.

Last edited:
I selected the folders, right clicked and did a cut and then pasted them on another drive

That won't work in this sscenario. The folders are already where I want them on my hdd, Windows just took away the location tab for letting it move what it put there, there.
It shows my Documents from One Drive in top screenshot.
Documents.PNG
WhereIKeepThem.PNG

$450.00 saved towards my RTX 2080.
I decided on the EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming.
August 3rd hurry up, so I can order it.
Then it'll be time to think about what 4K ips monitor to get.
I'll order my coolant from EKWB either next month or in August
That way I only mess with my case one time, instead of two times.
I'll put my water cooler in after my RX 480 is out and put the RTX 2080 in after the water cooler is in..

At least my fun's over for the weekend.
I upgraded my brother's and his fiancée's laptops to Windows 10 Pro and gave both a Windows 10 crash course.
My reward is not eating anything all day for a upper endoscopy and colonoscopy at 7 a.m. tomorrow.

It's looking like waiting to get the new video card was a good move.
Now NVIDIA is gonna be releasing the RTX S (Super) series cards in July.
RTX 2060 S, RTX 2070 S & RTX 2080 S are being announced by NVIDIA Tuesday supposedly.
RTX 2060 S, RTX 2070 S and RTX 2080 S are being announced Tuesday.
RTX 2060 S & RTX 2070 S goes on sale as of July 9th and the RTX 2080 S on July 23rd.
It looks like I'll be getting a RTX 2080 S instead of the RTX 2080 in August.
Rumor has it that the RTX 2060 S beats the RTX 2070, the RTX 2070 S beats the RTX 2080 and the RTX 2080 S beats the RTX 2080 ti performance wise.
Also, the regular RTX 2070 and RTX 2080's are being discontinued once the RTX S series is released.
Link worth reading.: NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER series final pricing and availability date leaked | VideoCardz.com
RTX 2*** S price lists and release date.

Last edited:
Yeah, the RTX 2080 S won't be as good as the RTX 2080 ti, but it will be close.
I now have $700.00 saved for the RTX 2080 S purchase next month.
I als just purchased Project Cars 2 Deluxe on Steam.
It will be a few more month's before I can play it as I need to upgrade my 2 ssd's to 2TB. models after the RTX 2080 S & 4K monitor purchases are out of the way.
All the newer RTX S cards come with 2 games, too, so I'll need room for them, too.
I only have 88GB's. on one ssd and 111GB's left on the other one.

Back
Top Bottom