Windows 7 NEED HELP in NTFS security problem

RomanceyGuy

SOMEBODY HELP ME
Untitled.png
I tried to take an ownership of a folder and as i see in the photo I couldn't althought i am one of the administrators group which is the surrent owner of the folder :( if somebody has any idea about that please i need help :$
Thanks in advance

When you take ownership of a folder, you have to OK your way back out of the security dialog and start back and give yourself permission to control it.

So your attachment is showing a pre change situation, where the owner has not yet been changed and when you hit OK it causes the error? It might be the Anti-virus protecting its install. If you check the security settings, do you have permission to change ownership? Sorry about the paragraphs problem, but I am trying to get it straightened out.

sorry for disturbance
but i searched in the avast antivirus settings and i didn't find any thing related to protect the folder from being owned by the administrator hope u tell me if u found anything related to that

I dont know much about avast antiviruse but if possible try to disable antivirus permanently, restart your pc and try to get ownership of that file.
And if you get ownership of file, enable the antivirus again

sorry for disturbance
but i searched in the avast antivirus settings and i didn't find any thing related to protect the folder from being owned by the administrator hope u tell me if u found anything related to that
It would not be with Avast, but one of the security settings for the file/folder. It is in one of the Advanced or effective security settings. Also keep in mind some folders or files will inherit permissions from their parent and you may have to adjust that.

Mike

Did you try turning off the UAC?

Have you tried the Grant Full Admin Control app?

Grant Admin Full Control

Link Removed - Not Found

Have you tried Logging in as Administrator?

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.

Type or cut and paste…

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

Log out and log back in as Administrator.

When you are done undue the process by doing the same thing and pasting in

net user administrator /active:no

Personally I'd switch from avast to MSE I've had no problems and it's easy on resources.
Use that along with Malwarbytes and your covered.

Mike

Back