Windows 7 Need help! Toshiba satellite L505D-GS6000 - Cant get High definition Audio Controller

adamf4i

Not sure if this is the right section but any help would be greatly appreciated

Basically I reinstalled windows 7 on my toshiba laptop I got from someone model is satellite l505d-gs6000

For some reason I have no sound it acts like theres a problem when you clikc on the sound icon which looks muted

I have downloaded everything I can find on toshiba site to try and get audio driver installed but no luck at all ,

In device manager it just shows yellow exclamation mark next to high definition audio controller

Anyone have some kind of generic driver that would work and enable sound to start working , sound devices show no audio device installed

THanks, in advance

Hi

First thing I would try is...

Right click on the device in Device Manager.
Click Properties and see if there is a message about the error.
I.e. Device is Missing etc.

Next Right Click and select Uninstall.

When that's done reboot your computer and force Windows to re-identify reinstall and look for drivers again.

If that doesn't work come back with the error message, maybe that will be a clue as to whats going wrong.

This seems to be a common issue with this computer, lot of complaints not many answers.

Mike

Hello adamf4i,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums,

These should be the drivers you need;

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hope this helps

Don

Any other suggestions for this as to why its not working , Also when plugging in my iphone or a usb drive into usb ports nothing is coming up no lights on the usb drive or anything ??

Can you read the USB drives in Windows Explorer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you try uninstalling and letting Windows reinstall the Sound Device?

When you open the Sounds windows what do you see there?

What is the selected playback option?

Did it have an error message in Device Manager?

Can you read the USB drives in Windows Explorer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you try uninstalling and letting Windows reinstall the Sound Device?

When you open the Sounds windows what do you see there?

What is the selected playback option?

Did it have an error message in Device Manager?

Yep , no device when you click on the sound icon in the bottom right taskbar

Back
Top Bottom