Windows 10 Need to fix boot loader. Can't boot into windows

Rahul Saini

I installed Ubuntu 18.04 on my HDD and it asked me to format full drive. So, I backed up my data on my friend's drive and formatted mine and installed Ubuntu but then I came up to a point where I couldn't work on Ubuntu any more. So, I decided to reinstall Windows back. So, I booted in using my Bootable Installation USB drive and installed Windows and it worked properly. The windows was installed properly but after shutting down the PC when I turned that on again it didn't load Windows. It loaded Grub Rescue thing. And I don't know how to come out of the problem. I tried reinstalling Windows. Deleting the all partitions and letting the Windows setup make them itself. But it didn't work. I tried these commands in command prompt from installation drive:
X:/sources/bootrec.exe/FixMbr
X:/sources/bootrec.exe/FixBoot

And both commands completed the processes successfully but it also didn't work.

What can be the problem? And please provide the solution please. Need immediate help.

Thanks for reading such a long post.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support. Every help is appreciated...
I just got everything working except one thing.
I had two drives one 160GB and other 500GB. 500 GB drive hav my data so I did everything on 160GB drive without even touching it. But after everything got working I connected my 500GB drive and it didn't work. My PC wouldn't work when 500GB drive is connected but as I disconnect 500GB drive PC starts working well. Any solutions please?

Back
Top Bottom