Windows 7 Need urgent help ! 32bit to 64bit

Abiyouth

I got a new laptop which came with a win 7 pro 32bit and just 2 GB RAM so i upgraded ram to 6 GB days before. Now i learned that win 7 32bit supports only 4 GB of ram :( So the question is "Is my laptop config good enough for a 64bit win 7 ?" Pls reply
My laptop specs :

AMD Turion II Dual Core 2.60 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4250
6 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB HDD

I know very little about AMD processors, but that one does appear to be 64 bit capable. So you should have no problem.

And you do understand you will have to do a clean install which will replace your current install. As far as recovery scenarios on the system, I would also have to think it would be useless. Have you consulted the OEM for your laptop as to the best way to upgrade the system?

I know very little about AMD processors, but that one does appear to be 64 bit capable. So you should have no problem.

And you do understand you will have to do a clean install which will replace your current install. As far as recovery scenarios on the system, I would also have to think it would be useless. Have you consulted the OEM for your laptop as to the best way to upgrade the system?
The laptop was bought from Phil i am now in India so i have to do a clean Install I have my Important data backed up so i will just buy Win 7 64 bit tomorrow. Thanks for the reply :) And one more question " Will there be lot of CPU usage in 64bit that 32bit or just same ?"

The CPU should be used more efficiently, so I would not worry about that aspect. The biggest thing with going to x64 OSes is making sure all your devices have drivers.

You may want to make some type of backup image of your current system, just in case something goes wrong...

Back