Windows 7 New Build Ocassional BSOD RAM Problems?

Tabby I'd just check the gigabyte forums first.. Hang on I'll find a couple..

Tabby,
after doing some reading around the net it seems those sticks should work fine as long as the settings are correct in the bios. Is it possible for your friend to lend you good RAM to test the board with?

Yes, I can have it by the end of the day. By the way, my computer has been pretty stable for the past couple of days. The BSOD tend to happen infrequently so it could be awhile before I know if the problem is fixed or not.

No worries.. We'll be here.. Great you got some RAM which is known to be good.. Now if you blue screen again, depending on what the dump say's, it could be the mobo? Hopefully we'll know soon enough.

A friend of mine offered to lend me a stick of his RAM that runs at 1333 MHz to try but its not on Gigabytes compatibility list. I guess I just have to suck it up and buy some new RAM that is compatible.

Before it crashes, set the DRAM frequency 1333 Mhz.

My computer has been BSOD free for two weeks now. I never used my friend's 1333Mhz RAM. It took him a couple of days to get it to me and my computer was stable so I decided to leave my RAM in. I still have his RAM if I need it but as of now my computer has been very stable. Thanks for all your help!

My computer has been BSOD free for two weeks now. I never used my friend's 1333Mhz RAM. It took him a couple of days to get it to me and my computer was stable so I decided to leave my RAM in. I still have his RAM if I need it but as of now my computer has been very stable. Thanks for all your help!

How did you stabilize your system, did you adjust he frequency or upgraded bios or did anything else?

Back