Windows 10 New Nvidia Driver 353.54

You still running SLI as well Clark?
SLI is always enabled when using Surround. Since I cannot recreate the Blue Screen using some specific action and it is random, it is hard to troubleshoot.

I had SLI disabled when I used the Wireless Display. It may have been hard to project a 5760x1080 desktop on a 1920x1080 monitor...

I know that recent drivers have been supposed to address the bsod's first associated with running sli under windows 10 but I still wonder how successful it actually is. I assume that running under Windows 8.1 you don't see any bsod's at all?

Helen Harmetz said during a Windows 10 webinar that users who forcibly stopped any Windows 10 updates would eventually have their security updates cut off.
Nice..

It was the very driver discussed in the article which eventually led to me returning to 8.1 because the registry had become borked after I tried removing said driver. I have posted something here:
How to hide or block Windows Updates or driver updates in Windows 10 Insider Preview
Which apparently allows you to effectively block updates/drivers in Windows 10. I can't understand why they released it though. They evidently released it because they realise there's an issue but if thats the case why are they still going down the same road with the new os? Maybe because of this release we'll eventually see a change but I'm simply trying to be optimistic.

I am sure Miracast is involved in that but I had not used it before.
If this information is to be, believe.... it would seem that some attention is still being directed toward both Media and Miracast as the release date grows closer.
Cumulative Update KB3074674 For Windows 10 Build 10240 Includes These Bug Fixes

Might be nice if Microsoft provided some information covering such information rather than the obfuscation contained in this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3074674
Additionally, this update includes non-security-related changes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 through new features and improvements.

Thanks for the info. I used Miracast yesterday as started and seemed to work. Perhaps actually letting it work had some effect on my system but I haven't had a Blue Screen today.

There is at least one poster on the Microsoft site which is very upset that Intel's WiDi does not seem to be supported by Windows 10. I suppose they are getting away from a proprietary software for a more universally accepted one.

Oh, another new Nvidia driver... Maybe this one will fix the Blue Screens.

353.62 released by Nvidia for Win 10. AMD also released a Win 10 driver 15.20 Information on both drivers are scant although I've placed links for the nvidia driver in the graphics section. As soon as i have links for the AMD version I'll do same.

Edit:
AMD links going up now..

Blue Screens continue with 353.62. I wonder if this is an Nvidia problem?? Miracast, since it may not be able to handle the Surround Display when wirelessly duplicating a desktop, may be freaking out.

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DxgkMiracastQueryMiracastSupportInternal+8a )
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.

Oh well, another $1000 from Microsoft for the Blue Screen report.. Just kidding, it is only $500 ;)

You gentlemen are my heroes. I am still using Win7, and I still remember all the issues I had with Vista and gaming, so I'll let you, and all the rest, find the issues and hopefully the fixes, because I have neither the ability nor the patience to adopt a new OS without knowing if it'll be a stable environment for my gaming and general PC use.

Thanks for posting your efforts here.

Back