Windows 10 No access to Nvidia Control Panel?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

One thing that's been consistent for a long time is that Nvidia Control Panel, (how I set my color settings for Windows) has always been available from the drop down menu on the desktop.

Now it's not only not there, I can't find any link to it in All Apps or anyplace else.

I haven't found where it's installed to make a link but I did update my Nvidia software in hopes it would show up but it didn't.

I do need to have access to it, to manage 3D setting etc, as well as my color settings.

Anyone know where you access it in Anniversary.

Mike

The right click menu should still exist even on the anniversary update. You may need to run a repair on the nvidia software to bring it back. There is also typically a cpl registed, so you should be able to access it from the legacy control panel.

Hi

I've reinstalled all my Nvidia drivers and software but the link to the control panel didn't come back.
I'll see if I can find it as a separate install.

I did get it to open by going to Settings and typing in Nvidia Control Panel, but I'd like to have the link back.

If all else fails there must be someplace that it's installed that would let me create a link to the desktop.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Hi

I did find a way to create a desktop icon, from a .lnk file.
I'll check into doing what you suggested.

Mike

This maybe what you already did, but you could create a shortcut with the following.
  • Start In: C:\Windows\System32
  • Target: control.exe "path to Nvidia cpl file"

Back