Windows 8 No Administrative permission.

Hype Live

Alright, well this is a big problem I'm having that is completely my fault but I don't know how to fix it.

Recently, I changed my password for my only administrator account on my desktop, and I forgot it. There is no password hint, due to my lack of foresight. So after scouring the internet for ways to get back onto it, I found none that I didn't need administrative permission to do.

So that's pretty much it. I can't get back on at all, and I can't do anything if it requires administrator permission. If anyone knows a way to fix this, help would be much appreciated.

You have two possible choices here, one is open up another account and give it admin privileges. Or 2, and more extreme is reset/format windows 8, either with or with out keeping files and folders. My personal choice would be to reset it to factory conditions, as if brand new.

You have two possible choices here, one is open up another account and give it admin privileges. Or 2, and more extreme is reset/format windows 8, either with or with out keeping files and folders. My personal choice would be to reset it to factory conditions, as if brand new.

That's just the problem, I can't give another account administrator privileges without an accessible administrator account (To my knowledge.) Same thing with reinstalling just Windows. Thanks for the help though.

Back