Windows 7 No driver for my HP Deskjet 932c printer.

Old Tim

I have a hybrid home network with two wired (win XP) and two wireless (win Vista) and (win 7) computers. Each computer can see the others on the network, "WORKGROUP". My usb printer (HP Deskjet 932c) is connected to one of the wired XP machines. Except for the win 7 machine, all can use my printer.

When I try to add a printer to the win 7 machine I dead end at a dialogue informing me that win 7 can not find the appropriate drivers on the network. As shipped, win 7 has the necessary drivers. What am I doing wrong?

Couple things you can do.
Plug the printer into the Win7 machine and make sure that you can print when the printer is connected by usb to the Windows 7 computer. You may have to run Windows Update to get the proper driver software or not if in fact as you seem to think that Windows 7 includes native drivers as that may very well be the case. In either event once you are sure that the proper drivers are in place, then you can move it back to the XP machine and perform the following steps.
Open Devices and Printers
Select add printer near the top menu bar
Select add local printer
Choose Create a new port and local port from drop down arrow Click Next
In the enter a port name do one of the following
1. \\MachineNameHostingPrinter\Printer'sShareName or
2. \\ipaddressOfMachineHostingPrinter\Printer'sShareName
In the install printer driver dialog box do one of the following
In the left panel select your printer manufacturer and in the right panel select your printer model (to use Win7 native drivers)
You may be asked at some point during this process if you would like to keep the existing driver. Just choose yes.
Hope this helps
Keep us posted.

Wow! I'am blown away by the fast response to my post. I have been pi#$^*! around for weeks (on and off) trying to solve this problem. I did search this site before I posted my question but got frustrated. However, when I posted my question, several solutions were suggested. The first one was the answer. You guys rock.

Thanks

Wow! I'am blown away by the fast response to my post. I have been pi#$^*! around for weeks (on and off) trying to solve this problem. I did search this site before I posted my question but got frustrated. However, when I posted my question, several solutions were suggested. The first one was the answer. You guys rock.

Thanks

Old Tim;
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks for posting back with the update. I'm glad that the site autocheck / search feature worked for you, it's certainly a very useful tool for anyone looking for fast help. Thanks for joining and posting your issue with us and welcome to the forum. Hope to continue to see you around.

Back
Top Bottom