Windows 7 No Internet access

dadi

Extraordinary Member
I'm using an Acer laptop, travelmate 5510, with windows 7 RC build 7100. After setting up the wireless network using a D-Link DIR-655 router, the Network and Sharing center is showing "No internet access"
Despite this message I can browse the Internet with no problems. I have experinced same problem with a wireless router from Level 1 so it seems not to be related to the router itself.

Any ideea why the message is displayed?

did you just recently install 7? Sometimes it seems to do this for a day or two i'm unsure why.

If you open the network and sharing center and click on the X between your computer and the internet sometimes it will realize it's connected.

I have installed windows 7 on 2 August and the issue has been present since day one. I also tried to click on the X between the computer and the internet but still the same.

Most probable this will be fixed with some updates in the future.

I have installed windows 7 on 2 August and the issue has been present since day one. I also tried to click on the X between the computer and the internet but still the same.

Most probable this will be fixed with some updates in the future.
I would agree with that determination it's just odd. My parents have an AMD based system that did this for a week but when you would cliick that X it would attempt a repair and realize the internet was connected and for a time display correctly.One day this behavior ceased and that was it gone forever. Odd but there are worse problems out there.

I would agree with that determination it's just odd. My parents have an AMD based system that did this for a week but when you would cliick that X it would attempt a repair and realize the internet was connected and for a time display correctly.One day this behavior ceased and that was it gone forever. Odd but there are worse problems out there.

I also have an AMD processor in my laptop, AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-56, but I have not linked this to my issue. Anyway I get the same behaviour when I press the x, i.e. an attempt to repair, no issues are found but I still have the "No internet Access" message.
I would agree that this is odd but not a serious issue.

I'm using an Acer laptop, travelmate 5510, with windows 7 RC build 7100. After setting up the wireless network using a D-Link DIR-655 router, the Network and Sharing center is showing "No internet access"
Despite this message I can browse the Internet with no problems. I have experinced same problem with a wireless router from Level 1 so it seems not to be related to the router itself.

Any ideea why the message is displayed?

Did your ISP send you a set-up disk for your connection? If so, try running that.

I've changed my antivrus sw from AVG to Avira, both free versions of the sw, and the "No internet access message" is gone.
Most probably it was an issues with AVG.

Back