Windows 7 No sound in Chrome Browser?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

A friend of mine called and said his sound wasn't working.
I went over to his house yesterday and checked out his computer.

When I booted it up it was apparent that the sound was working fine.

After cleaning out hundreds of minor and some major malware, running CCleaner, defragging.

I took several hours to get rid of some of the software he had installed unknowingly, CleanMyPC, AVG and things like that.

I finally figure out that what didn't work is his sound in the Chrome Browser.
It works everyplace else but when I open Chrome and go to YourTube or any thing like that there is no sound. It works in IE and in FireFox.

I left him set up to use FireFox but even uninstalling and re-installing Chrome wouldn't make the sound start working.

I don't have a clue what would cause the sound to work everyplace but in Chrome.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Mike

Hi

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I also found some info about a conflict with Flash after a recent update.

Seem other browsers work with it but not Chrome.

Thanks again.

Mike

Mike
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome? Maybe something got corrupt from the cleaners he was using.
Joe

Hi

Yes I did remove and reinstall chrome and it still had no sound while everything else did.
I'm pretty sure this is due to an update in Flash.

I found a message on the Google web site that says they are aware that people are having this problem and are working on it.
So I'm guessing for now that in a few days there will be a Chrome update that will fix it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Mike

Well at least they're aware of the problem...hopefully they'll have a fix for you.

Back
Top Bottom