Windows 7 No speakers or headphones are plugged in

spytrek007

I tried searching for the solution to this problem but even after installing the realtec drivers, i still get that issue of no speakers or headphones...............

Below is information about the onboad sound.

Name High Definition Audio Device
Manufacturer Microsoft
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1001\5&2D08A715&0&0001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 342.00 KB (350,208 bytes), 14/07/2009 05:37)

I had not used my desktop for one week due to some problem of too much dust accumlating in the machine. Due to this the system would not power up. After the dust was removed, system powers up but i now get this problem with sound. Before this everything was fine. The speakers work fine on the laptop.

In device manager listing, there is exclamation beside via 1394 ohci compllant host controller.

1st, ignore the 1394 exclamation mark... has nothing to do with your problem. You didn't say where you got the audio drivers. Do you have an exclamation mark by your audio drivers in Device Manager? If not, you may have a hardware problem. Anyway, try removing the audio drivers and letting Win7 redetect them.

I tried searching for the solution to this problem but even after installing the realtec drivers, i still get that issue of no speakers or headphones...............

Below is information about the onboad sound.

Name High Definition Audio Device
Manufacturer Microsoft
Status OK
PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1001\5&2D08A715&0&0001
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\hdaudio.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 342.00 KB (350,208 bytes), 14/07/2009 05:37)

I had not used my desktop for one week due to some problem of too much dust accumlating in the machine. Due to this the system would not power up. After the dust was removed, system powers up but i now get this problem with sound. Before this everything was fine. The speakers work fine on the laptop.

In device manager listing, there is exclamation beside via 1394 ohci compllant host controller.

I installed the drivers from the motherboard driver disc. I am using a gigabyte board (GA-G31M-ES2L).

I have installed the drivers directly from the gigabyte websie for my motherboard.

Theres no
exclamation mark by the audio drivers in Device Manager. I have removed the audio drivers and after a restart, i still get the "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" error on the speaker icon.

In device manager after restarting the system, i get the "high definition audio" device listed under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Now i am wondering there is something wrong with the motherboard.

Back